• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

http://deckbox.org/sets/371615

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#2 sloftus

sloftus

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

Eatine Harbour?

Interesting deck for dark elves.  Did the player win through the mill mechanic? 

#3 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Eatine Harbour = Sacred Cauldron

#4 JimmyK

JimmyK

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

Some other decks from European Chamipionship in Wroclaw:

http://niedzielnainw...biy-wrocaw.html

#5 Junglecat

Junglecat

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

Thanks for the link JimmyK!

As someone who's never played at official competitive events, I was very surprised to see how few units go into peoples decks at this level of play. Most decks with less than 20 units? Wow. When I think of Warhammer Invasion, I picture epic and violent battles. I love a well timed tactic as much as anybody else but picturing someone's Tower of "Whathaveyou" vs someone else's Church of "I sit in the kingdom zone" doesn't really get my juices flowing. This gets me thinking that End Times is just what the game needs right now. I am wondering if it saw a lot of play at Wroclaw. If it did, would I be right in assuming it didn't make much of an impact?

#6 gr4ffi

gr4ffi

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

Well, most players will have a look on the state of the game before taking part in such a tournament. Everyone knew there would be Orc Wurrzag decks (It was a majority), that can simply troll vomit every unit off the board and this in the 2nd round. So i guess most players did decide it was not necessary to have many units. Also you can count the 3cost legends in which kind of took a unit slot most of the time. Some chaos decks did use mass units in combination with Call the Brayherd or even End Times.

So, yeah End Times was in some decks. But it was freshly released and difficult to test out and therefore kind of risky. Although it had to face serious counters like My Life for the Hold, Get Outta my Way! and Pleasure Cults i think it reaches most Synergy with Chaos Offensive Builds at the moment as they are having multiple options to get cards on the discard pile and also some really scary big units. In the end i think it can not be played really fast, only 3rd round or later… and the counter is too simple (can be found in every deck) which makes it extremely risky to play. Also with End Times in your deck, you would have to put in a big number of units which, as you've already stated, mostly is and was not in fashion with competetive play ever :)

I think it is a fun card with a nice mechanic, but i doubt it will have much impact on the competetive level.

#7 Junglecat

Junglecat

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Thanks for the enlightening explanation gr4ffi!

#8 Horatius

Horatius

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

I wanted to offer my congratulations to the player ranked second, Metraton if I'm not mistaken, for his deck DE, it's very beautiful, I'm playing it for several days and in addition to being great fun to play is really strong.
The DE are my favorite and in this deck you can find the characteristics of this breed.

#9 Horatius

Horatius

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

Horatius said:

I want make my congratulations to the player ranked second, Metatron if I'm not mistaken, for his deck DE, it's very beautiful, I'm playing it for several days and in addition to being great fun to play is really strong.
The DE are my favorite and in this deck I've find the characteristics of this breed.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS