• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JesterX

JesterX

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

I'm wondering something…

Can the ritual dances actions be taken by … anyone?  It doesn't seem to have the "be a wardancer" requirements on them…

Some other actions bother me likewise… Like firebreathing ability…

#2 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

It's up to the GM. I use the traits as restrictions. Hence, you'll have to be a wardancer to buy ritual dance cards. I believe that FFG writes that the traits can be used as restrictions, or not, all depending on the GM.

Fire breath is a creature action, so I would not allow it for the players (unless they get a mutation that allow them to breathe fire or similar).

#3 Tamhas

Tamhas

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:31 AM

Actually, Fire breath is recommended for foe only to spice things up, but is your call. That specific card is exampled with a goblin shaman putting an alcoholic beverage in his mouth and then spitting it with a torch. Taking this, your characters could have the ability, but the conditions to use it are very very limited.

#4 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

I do not allow my players to use NPC/monster actions. Other than that, they may take any actions. Traits are not restrictions.

However, if it is an unusual action, I do require my players to explain how they came about learning the action, and how it fits in with their PC's style.

#5 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

I'm somewhere between dvang and k7e9.

I have a list of traits are restrictions - ritual dance, ancestor, saga etc.  To simply take such a card you must be of the appropriate type.  A race, or be in/have completed a career with a appropriate trait.

If not qualified, a Player can still try to roleplay their way into qualifying, "I lived among dwarfs and have sworn blood-oaths with them, been named a dwarf friend, and learned their sagas." but it has to be meaningful and is usually "specializing" (e.g, if you did that were not becoming an elf friend etc.).

#6 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

Is what k7e9 says. As per raw there are no rules in the game that say which cards are available to a PC and which are not. Technically, all are available. Is the job of the GM to decide if to put limitations, and which ones.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#7 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

DELETE THIS POST

Is what k7e9 says. As per raw there are no rules in the game that say which cards are available to a PC and which are not. Technically, all are available. Is the job of the GM to decide if to put limitations, and which ones.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS