Photo

Humanity's Shadows Spoiler (supposedly) up.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

http://stimhack.com/.../> <br /> No scans, so no proof it's the real thing. Seems legit, though. And assuming that's really the new Crim ID, I am very happy.

#2 SnowcatAssassin

SnowcatAssassin

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

A new Crim Identity? Great. That ability, if that is what it is, doesn't seem that great at least compared to Gabe. I dunno. I must think on this.

Creeper seems neat though. I have a feeling it will have some sort of Minecraft reference either in the artwork or flavor text, but who knows.

I think we got this...

#3 Nerdelemental

Nerdelemental

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Not that great? That seems too good to be true for me.

We'll see, but you'll be pressed to get 4 cards into play to keep from discarding. So a lot of 0-2 cost. I'm thinking the only way to maximize it is to front load the deck with a ton of money makers, especially immediate payoffs (Sure Gamble) and plan to get them all out on the table in one form or another right off the bat. 

Regardless, it's a major headstart. In a stupidly huge way. Assuming that ability list is close to accurate.

Even if you only use it as a way to dig through the deck a bit to get a choice card or two, it's still a huge bonus right out of the gate that the corp side will reel from. The momentum will be so solidly in that hands of the crim from the get go, even if he has to dump a few cards - you've still dug four cards deeper into the deck to get essential tools.

Sheesh. The more I think about it, the more I love it. I draw a huge mitt of cards. Turn 5 creds into possibly 13 with 2 clicks to spare and have a decent run rig already going within just a couple of turns. The Corp will be up against the wall wondering how to defend against it and where to defend against it.

(am I missing something?)

Holy cow: even if your first draw doesn't get you 2-3 uber-cards, you can still mulligan for 9 cards (right?)

#4 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

I should have my Data Pack tomorrow. I'll confirm when I get home from working at my LGS

#5 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

SnowcatAssassin said:

A new Crim Identity? Great. That ability, if that is what it is, doesn't seem that great at least compared to Gabe. I dunno. I must think on this.

Are you kidding? Andromeda is amazing. :-D Well, assuming the spoiler is authentic… ;-) She makes it very likely for you to get most of the tools and tricks you need to for a good rush game right at the start of the game. You can get your economy set up (example: Underworld Contacts and an extra link), you can get most of your 'breakers out, maybe even start your combos. Also, she's comparable to Chaos Theory in that they both give you a slimmer deck/stack.

Gabe isn't bad, but I'm tired of rarely getting to use his ability. Barring a bad draw and mulligan, players will protect HQ as soon as the game starts. If they're facing Gabe, then they're going to put extra effort into it. :-( I was looking forward to the next Crim ID in hopes of someone less predictable, but if this 9-card hand ability is correct then, with her +1 link, I'm going to be really happy modifying my deck to fit her.

#6 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Nerdelemental said:

Not that great? That seems too good to be true for me.

We'll see, but you'll be pressed to get 4 cards into play to keep from discarding. So a lot of 0-2 cost. I'm thinking the only way to maximize it is to front load the deck with a ton of money makers, especially immediate payoffs (Sure Gamble) and plan to get them all out on the table in one form or another right off the bat. 

Regardless, it's a major headstart. In a stupidly huge way. Assuming that ability list is close to accurate.

Even if you only use it as a way to dig through the deck a bit to get a choice card or two, it's still a huge bonus right out of the gate that the corp side will reel from. The momentum will be so solidly in that hands of the crim from the get go, even if he has to dump a few cards - you've still dug four cards deeper into the deck to get essential tools.

Sheesh. The more I think about it, the more I love it. I draw a huge mitt of cards. Turn 5 creds into possibly 13 with 2 clicks to spare and have a decent run rig already going within just a couple of turns. The Corp will be up against the wall wondering how to defend against it and where to defend against it.

(am I missing something?)

Holy cow: even if your first draw doesn't get you 2-3 uber-cards, you can still mulligan for 9 cards (right?)

I agree- that ability may be overpowered. Consider that she has almost the same advantage as Chaos Theory while having another huge ability.

Assuming she's legit: comments on places who've seen this spoiler have people complaining about having to discard cards you can't use. Not having enough actions and credits to prevent yourself from discarding is such a small cost to what she provides. For example, she's far more likely to draw Account Siphon with that hand. Given a 1st runner turn opportunity for a successful Siphon and the larger threat of tag-based corp actions, let's say she spends a clikc on an action (maybe Infiltration or Satellite Uplink), Siphons, then spends her last two clicks on disposing tags. That leaves her with 7 cards in hand, so she has to discard 2. That's a small price to pay for having crippled the corp and gaining credits.

Also, if you really want to avoid discarding, you can just play Public Sympathy in your deck.

Another advantage: fearless 1st turn gamble with Jinteki. Is it an agenda or is it Snare!? It's Snare!. Andromeda's grip is down to 6 (chances likely she still has good stuff in there), she's got a tag, but that's one less Snare! to worry about while she still has a lot of options.

Lastly, yes, she mulligans for 9. The mulligan is referred to as a "new starting hand".

#7 SnowcatAssassin

SnowcatAssassin

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

I stand corrected then. Will be interesting to see how she plays out. I may have to give her a shot.

I think we got this...

#8 Nerdelemental

Nerdelemental

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

…a first turn Account Siphon…

…fearless run against a Snare…

How soon can I get my hands on this damned pack…

#9 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Nerdelemental said:

…a first turn Account Siphon…

…fearless run against a Snare…

How soon can I get my hands on this damned pack…

Assuming the spoiler is authentic and correct, as you pointed out she seems too good to be true. :-|

If you compare this version of Andromeda with Chaos Theory:

• Andromeda: 45/15, +1 Link, 9 starting hand size - Effectively a deck size of 36 at the start of the game.
  • Chaos Theory: 40/15, +1 MU - Effectively a deck size of 35 at the start of the game.

They're similar in that they've got an advantageously shrunk stack, but consider that Andromeda

• Can pack 5 more cards in her deck than CT can while almost being on par with CT in terms of deck size
  • Has more options than CT right at the start of the game
  • Belongs to Crims, the most consistently successful runner faction in the game while CT belongs to the Shapers who, while not bad, haven't been as successful as the former.

This implies that CT's 1-card smaller stack and +1 MU are enough to balance her against Andromeda's bonuses.

I really can't wait for an official reveal from FFG or someone getting their hands on the actual card to see if this is all true or not. Something is off.

#10 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Have my data pack in hand….let the questions begin

#11 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Pictues are up too: http://www.cardgamed..._100#entry32231

#12 The Mick

The Mick

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

This pack is officially amazing in my mind.  Most of the cards seem like instant use for me :D.  And I really like the way they made Andromeda a high-class con-artist type of criminal, as opposed to the down n dirty, hands-on kinda style we've already seen in Gabe. 

#13 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

Andromeda genuinely having a 9 starting hand is unbelievable. There are so many advantages, big and small, that she provides. I really thought that her ability was too powerful to be printed, but here she is.

Data Hound is just freakin' intriguing. He won't be easy to use but that ability to trash cards in the runner's deck is mind-boggling.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS