Candlelight - A dark Victorian fantasy setting for WFRP 3ed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Doublehex

Doublehex

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

For starters, here's the link: https://docs.google....it?usp=sharing.

I decided to do a new campaign for my gaming group, but additionally I wanted to do a new setting. We've had done Warhammer twice now, and I wanted a change of scenery. I've had been playing Thief and Dishonored, so I wanted to do a dark steampunk setting that centered around a singular city. Thus, Candlelight. This is the rough rough draft of the setting, which most of the focus placed on converting all of the game's careers to lore compatable ones with the new world.

What I am interested in is feedback - what do you feel is good about the world? What should I focus on more, and what needs less focus compared to others? How can I expand the setting? Constructive criticism is the name of the game people.

Oh, and you are more than welcome to make use of this.

#2 The Strolling Bones

The Strolling Bones

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

This looks good upon a quick flip through. I will give further analysis once I get a achance to read it all.

Overall cool concept.

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

That looks great. RIght now it's a players' guide.  That's always a good start.  You'll need to narrow down after the players decide their characters.

i'd start with about 5 organizations so that the players have a way to belong to something and maybe add in some of the lure of power secret societies as "offshoots" to those organizations.

The rest, is just scenarios :)

#4 Doublehex

Doublehex

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

So, here is an update! V 0.30. What does it add? How about 50 pages worth of more content!

• Added in careers from Lure of Power
  • Enemies of the Empire - essentially a beastiary.
  • The Men of the Empire - character generationt to take into account the Five Imperial Islands and the Frontier.
  • Two new homebrew rulesets - Reload and Cover to take into account the importance of guns in Candlelight

This isn't it - I still belive there is more I can flesh out. I should do a History section for one, and a list of all the Noble Houses of each of the Islands, and drawing up Regime Diabolique, secret societies. I could also do important NPCs to help flesh out the wrld (and so I don't forget names).

But beyond that? I'm looking for ideas.

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

If I were in your shoes, I would mainly consider what your players would actually use.   I've made the mistake in the past of creating loads of content that my players never used.

It's better to have small amounts of content and lots of ideas rather than paragraphs and paragraphs of stuff if its for home-play.

Best,

jh

#6 HopefulHammerer

HopefulHammerer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

When I click the link in your recent post, I still see the file listed as V0.10. Is this the updated version V0.30 that you are mentioning in your post?

#7 Doublehex

Doublehex

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Yes it is. I just did a weird typo.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS