A Hoth Deck

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fallen050

fallen050

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hello! So with the release of the new Hoth force pack, I have retooled my rebel deck. Please tell me if you think I could better it!
Affiliation:
 Rebel Alliance (Core)

Total Objective Sets: (10)

2x The Rebel Fleet (Core)

1x Mobilize the Squadrons (Core)

2x Hoth Operations (The Desolation of Hoth)

1x Echo Base Defense (The Desolation of Hoth)

2x Sensors Are Placed (The Search For Skywalker)

2x The Defense of Yavin 4 (Core)

Resources Generated Combat Icons Force Icons
Jedi: 0
Rebel Alliance: 13
Smugglers and Spies: 0
Neutral: 5
Unit Damage: 14
Blast Damage: 12
Tactics: 0
Edge Enabled Unit Damage: 0
Edge Enabled Blast Damage: 17
Edge Enabled Tactics: 4
Force Icons: 71

#2 ioticus

ioticus

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

I'm thinking of using the same deck except using a Prep for Battle and only one Sensors are Placed.

#3 ioticus

ioticus

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Duplicate 

#4 chiller087

chiller087

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

ioticus said:

I'm thinking of using the same deck except using a Prep for Battle and only one Sensors are Placed.

That's exactly what I came up with.  Echo defenders aren't great and 2 of the 3 enhancements in that pod are unique, and I can't think of a scenario where I'd ever want 2 copies of the objective itself in play, as they don't stack.  The only lure for running 2 (for me, anyway) is First Marker protecting my Hoth objectives from Star Destroyers. 

If Navy proves to be as strong and as consistent as they have been these past few days during the testing we've been doing, I might bite the bullet and throw in 2x Sensors just for that reason.  I might.

Micah

#5 Cojhawk

Cojhawk

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

What lead you to cut Preparation for Battle?  The shielding looks to bring much needed durability to the RA.  

#6 elrond99

elrond99

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

I don't get how a deck like that can actually win consistently. 

What do you do against a Sith Control deck that just sits back, controls the force, and doesn't attack you? The units you have in that deck aren't powerful enough to breach a Sith defense/lockdown. 

And even against Navy, a smart player isn't just going to throw their attacks into a stacked defense. The DS has a built-in advantage in this game, in that the LS player has a time limit to win. I don't have to attack as the DS player and i can still win the game as long as the LS player can't kill my objectives. And if you're going to devote that many cards to LS defense, then your offense isn't going to be very strong.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS