• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Goldenrod

Goldenrod

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

Hello,

I just received my core set, and will be buying expansions on a regular basis, so I will post questions regarding each sets once I have them, I try not to spoil myself before buying the sets. I search the forums before asking a question, so here will be those I couldn't find the answer:

1- Aragorn/Theodred quest commitment?? Do the commit together and can I use the response in any order, or once a card commited, I must use that card's response before commiting the other one? If I commit Aragorn first without resource token, I cannot ready him. If I then commit Theodred and give Aragorn a resource token, can I ready him???

2- Son of Arbor: When he attacks according to his response, does he exhauts?

3- Sneak attack: answered :)

4- Quick Strike: Can I use it in any phase?

5- Stand together: When defending using this card, if the defence total is greater than attack total, no Damage? If attack is greater, how do I apply damage?

6- The Brown Lands: answered

7- Out of the Dungeons: If the objectives gets detached, nothing happens?

Thanks for the answers of this part 1 of my questions…

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

hello

1.all characters all player controls are commited together so you cannot say, have aragorn and theodred controlled by the same player, and commit theodred to give aragorn a resource, nor can you wait for theodred to give him a resource and then ready him.

what you could do is if the first player controls aragorn and the second theodred, is commit aragorn and then when the 2nd player is commiting, commit theodred and give a resource to aragorn, but it would be too late to ready him

bascially he needs the resource  before commiting as its a response

2.yes. son of arnors ability is only to engage an enemy when he enters play. attacks are a different phase

4.yes, as long as it is in a 'green' action window as per the timesheet in the back of the rule book, (and also before and after each phase as per the FAQ) and also as long as the enemy is elegible to be attacked, ie. engaged with you, or you have a ranged character.

5.as per the FAQ damage must be assigned to one character taking part in the defense….you cant spread it out. if defense is higher no damage as usual

7.im not sure i understand this question, are you reffering to the shadow key, map and so on from the escape from dol guldur quest?

hope these help

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 Goldenrod

Goldenrod

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

richsabre said:

hello

1.all characters all player controls are commited together so you cannot say, have aragorn and theodred controlled by the same player, and commit theodred to give aragorn a resource, nor can you wait for theodred to give him a resource and then ready him.

what you could do is if the first player controls aragorn and the second theodred, is commit aragorn and then when the 2nd player is commiting, commit theodred and give a resource to aragorn, but it would be too late to ready him

I had post a reply before yours but it didn't appeared. I have found in the FAQ, p.7 that they both commit together and then I do the responses in the order I choose. your answer seem to contradict this…. now am confused.

And yes, for I was referring to those 3 objectives in my 7th question.

Thanks again.

#4 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

richsabre said:

hello

(…)

rich

They both have this as a response.

So the first player could choose which response occurs first, because they are simultaneous…

And choose Theodred first and then Aragorn…

(1.02) Simultaneous Effect Timing
If two or more conflicting effects would occur
simultaneously, the first player decides the order in
which the effects resolve.

Or am i missing something?

Carlos José Matos

#5 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

no you are both correct…tiredness (late night astro session dormido) mixed with not having ever played theodred properly until tonight…haha, so yes sorry, i was incorrect on that. (its actually made things better for me as i have been playing him wrong all night….i am an experience gamer..honest :P)

though my other answers are all correct as far as i know, though im still unsure as to the last one, i think it says they just remains in the staging area?

rich

#6 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

About the question 7, are you asking:

a) what happens when they detach?;

The cards have the answer to this. They return to the stagging area.

b) if they detach, do their "count as an attachment" text still apply?

No.

c) can they be detached?

Yes, but that will imply the hero(es), with them attached, death.

d) can they be detached, during quest stabe 3b "Out of the Dungeons" and you still win the game? or they have to be attached to win?

Nothing in the quest card text prevents this.

If you are not asking any of this, then explain your question better, please…

Carlos José Matos

#7 Goldenrod

Goldenrod

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

CJMatos said:

d) can they be detached, during quest stabe 3b "Out of the Dungeons" and you still win the game? or they have to be attached to win?

Nothing in the quest card text prevents this.

I meant that…… just wanted to make sure it wasn't like the old SWCCG objectives that flipped back to side 0 when conditions on side 7 weren't met!

#8 Goldenrod

Goldenrod

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Reading the News feed about each new release and I played son of arnor wrong. I was making him attack an ennemy instead of engaging it (bringing it in from of me….)

#9 Goldenrod

Goldenrod

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

To The River …: What happen if you reveal a treachery card?

#10 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

Goldenrod said:

To The River …: What happen if you reveal a treachery card?

During the setup?

You resolve the card effect as normal…

From the FAQ

(1.19) Card Effects during Setup
“When Revealed” effects are resolved if the cards are
revealed during setup. A player can trigger responses
during setup, following the normal game rules. Players
cannot take Actions during setup.

Carlos José Matos

#11 Goldenrod

Goldenrod

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Questing question: According to the FAQ, I can continue to put progress tokens on a quest even if I already reach the number needed to succeed it but still need a condition to pass it (To The River … (core 126)) I still have a troll in play but already have 8 progress tokens on the quest, I can still add 3 tokens with a quest bringing the total to 11.

Now, I face in combat a Misty Mountain Goblins, after the combat, I remove 1 progress token from the quest, I assume I bring the total to 10 not 7?

#12 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

that is correct

rich

#13 Goldenrod

Goldenrod

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Guarded Objectives:

1- Escape from Dol Guldur:

When setting the 3 objectives, if I reveal these:

a- Dol Guldur Orcs (core 89): Nothing happens because I am not questing?

b- Endless Caverns (core 106): I raise my threat by 1 and reveal another encounter card that will be put in the staging area?

2- The hunt for Gollum:

Let's say we are playing a 2 players game, I reveal from the encounter deck for the 1st player a Signs of Gollum (THFG 14), I reveal another SOG for the protected keyword, so I put that card in the staging area. For the first objective, I reveal River Ninglor (THFG 17), the for the second SOG, I reveal Eastern crows (core 115) adding another card in the staging area and the add another card for player 2?

Thanks again.

#14 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

I think you pretty much got it all…

1-a) notthing happens..

1-b) raise threat by 1 and reveal another card.

2- That is correct.

However if Thalin is questing the Eastern Crows die and the surge keyword doesn't occur. So, in this case you'd get the second SoG free of encounter card and only add the second player card after revealing the Crows

Carlos José Matos

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS