Anarch deck…please critique!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 campbelltron

campbelltron

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

So I've been trying to zero in on an Anarch deck that gets the job done, and this is what I'm at right now:

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire

Event (11)
2 Deja Vu
3 Demolition Run
3 Sure Gamble
3 Test Run (9 influence)

Hardware (5)
3 Cyberfeeder
2 Grimoire

Resource (10)
3 Armitage Codebusting
2 Ice Carver
2 Joshua B.
3 Liberated Account

Icebreaker (7)
2 Corroder
1 Crypsis
2 Gordian Blade (6 influence)
2 Mimic

Program (12)
3 Datasucker
3 Djinn
3 Medium
3 Parasite

A possible change: trade out the 1x Crypsis, 2x Gordian Blade, 2x Joshua B. and one of the Djinns for 3x Diesel (6 influence), 2x Yog.0 and 1x Wyrm. Another option: Trade out the 1x Crypsis and one of the Djinns for 2x Imp. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

Imp is nasty and you should definitely use it. You can actually make room for it by taking out most of your icebreakers, keeping just Corroder (very efficient at breaking barriers) and increasing Crypsis to 3 copies. Yes, you heard that right: don't just keep Crypsis but even max it out in your deck over other 'breakers. This is a deck with lots of viral support (Cyberfeeders, Djinn, Grimoire, Deja Vu and, most of all, Noise himself) so this is a situation where it can really shine.

Drop Joshua B. He gives you a tag at the end of your turn so, unless you add Decoy into the deck, your resources (or worse) are going to be in the corp's crosshairs.

Diesel is just too good and useful to pass up. You could also throw in Aesop's Pawnshop along with a Wyldside or two. That's what most Noise decks do: Wyldside feeds them cards and when it becomes to Wyld they can sell it to the Pawnshop. You can go for either or even both.

I'm not sure you need Test Run with Djinn, Diesel and/or the Wyld/Pawnshop pair. The influence could be used elsewhere.

Lastly, you should consider Stimhack. The brain damage may be a turn off, but it won't matter if it lets you steal that last agenda to win you the game.

#3 bhosp

bhosp

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

Test Run has some pretty cool interaction with Noise's ability, since it can install a virus, then put it on top of the deck to be installed again.

I've been using Test Run to get early Djinn, too.

#4 bhosp

bhosp

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

Test Run has some pretty cool interaction with Noise's ability, since it can install a virus, then put it on top of the deck to be installed again.

#5 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

bhosp said:

Those are very good points. And I like the idea of using Test Run to snag Djinn to snag viruses.

#6 DeckBuilder

DeckBuilder

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

To the OP: I have assumed (from your build choices) that your card pool is 2 Core + WLA + TA + CE.

I also assume you want to build an aggressive Noise deck that tutors relevant viruses via Djinn and runs constantly and cheaply. As opposed to the popular Wyldside + Workshop deck which can be quite non-interactive, installing up to 21 virus mills (using Deja Vu) before alpha striking Archives in a single run (alternatively wiining by emptying R&D if Archives is over-iced).

I assume you  chose Test Run (over Special Order) because you want to find Djinn to then find viruses, including the essential single copy of Crypsis djinned first to pressure the Corp (backed with sufficient economy).

Overall, I like the aggression of the deck (compared to the popular Noise build) and your insistence to not follow current fads like sheep is laudable,

I recommend the deck below, built assuming a pool of 2 Core + first 3 packs.

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (45 cards)

15/15 influence: •••••••••••••••

Event (10)

·         3 Deja Vu 

·         1 Stimhack 

·         3 Sure Gamble 

·         3 Test Run ••••• ••••

Hardware (5)

·         3 Cyberfeeder 

·         2 Grimoire 

Resource (7)

·         2 Aesop's Pawnshop ••••

·         3 Armitage Codebusting 

·         2 Ice Carver 

Icebreaker (7)

·         2 Corroder 

·         1 Crypsis 

·         2 Mimic 

·         2 Yog.0 

Program (16)

·         3 Datasucker 

·         3 Djinn 

·         3 Imp 

·         1 Magnum Opus ••

·         3 Medium 

·         3 Parasite 

The Magnum Opus can be found by Test Run and hosted on Djinn. Imp is very strong but once empty is sold to Aesop then returned with a Parasite using Deja Vu. Cyberfeeder is a must-include for installs and runs. Do not worry about your fixed strength breakers when you have Datasuckers and Ice Carver. The whole suite is incredibly cheap to run, making you very aggressive, periodically making deepening searches into R&D with Medium whilst threatening Imp removal of key cards in HQ and of course the late game alpha strike on Archives to win. Stimhack is used to steal an advanced agenda and its single presence keeps the Corp wary, lessening its pain as it is often game-winning. Armitage is best at regenerating from low creds and works best with Aesop, whilst Djinn and Test Run provide targetable card draw, preferred over Wyldside or Diesel.

This deck definitely suits a player who likes aggressively running (like a Criminal).

The cheapest way to improve this build is to replace 3 Armitage with 3 Kati Jones (in HS) - obviously a 3rd core always helps runner but only if you are seriously competitive.

I have minimised changes to your build to retain the essence of your deck. I hope this post helps you refine your deck to suit your own tastes.

#7 Mortal_Flesh

Mortal_Flesh

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

DeckBuilder said:

To the OP: I have assumed (from your build choices) that your card pool is 2 Core + WLA + TA + CE.

I also assume you want to build an aggressive Noise deck that tutors relevant viruses via Djinn and runs constantly and cheaply. As opposed to the popular Wyldside + Workshop deck which can be quite non-interactive, installing up to 21 virus mills (using Deja Vu) before alpha striking Archives in a single run (alternatively wiining by emptying R&D if Archives is over-iced).

I assume you  chose Test Run (over Special Order) because you want to find Djinn to then find viruses, including the essential single copy of Crypsis djinned first to pressure the Corp (backed with sufficient economy).

Overall, I like the aggression of the deck (compared to the popular Noise build) and your insistence to not follow current fads like sheep is laudable,

I recommend the deck below, built assuming a pool of 2 Core + first 3 packs.

Event (10)

·         3 Deja Vu 

·         1 Stimhack 

·         3 Sure Gamble 

·         3 Test Run ••••• ••••

Hardware (5)

·         3 Cyberfeeder 

·         2 Grimoire 

Resource (7)

·         3 Armitage Codebusting 

·         2 Ice Carver 

Icebreaker (7)

·         2 Corroder 

·         1 Crypsis 

·         2 Mimic 

·         2 Yog.0 

Program (16)

·         3 Datasucker 

·         3 Djinn 

·         3 Imp 

·         1 Magnum Opus ••

·         3 Medium 

·         3 Parasite 

The Magnum Opus can be found by Test Run and hosted on Djinn. Imp is very strong but once empty is sold to Aesop then returned with a Parasite using Deja Vu. Cyberfeeder is a must-include for installs and runs. Do not worry about your fixed strength breakers when you have Datasuckers and Ice Carver. The whole suite is incredibly cheap to run, making you very aggressive, periodically making deepening searches into R&D with Medium whilst threatening Imp removal of key cards in HQ and of course the late game alpha strike on Archives to win. Stimhack is used to steal an advanced agenda and its single presence keeps the Corp wary, lessening its pain as it is often game-winning. Armitage is best at regenerating from low creds and works best with Aesop, whilst Djinn and Test Run provide targetable card draw, preferred over Wyldside or Diesel.

This deck definitely suits a player who likes aggressively running (like a Criminal).

The cheapest way to improve this build is to replace 3 Armitage with 3 Kati Jones (in HS) - obviously a 3rd core always helps runner but only if you are seriously competitive.

I have minimised changes to your build to retain the essence of your deck. I hope this post helps you refine your deck to suit your own tastes.

Hi there,

I'be been test running this deck today against Jinteki and I was having some problems with net dmg and so.

The best way to win seemed to be the trash out R&D with viruses. Plus sometimes run with Medium/Imp on R&D. But this killed me once. So it seems too dangerous to me. Well u can of course overpack your hand and than run but almost all cards in the deck are essential, so net dmg always hurt.

What would u recommend against Jinteki deck?

#8 DeckBuilder

DeckBuilder

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

You don't mention which Jinteki. I will assume Personal Evolution from the damage issue (both can be lethal).

You are right that running Jinteki's R&D is dangerous unless fully prepared (overdrawing, don't get precious with duplicates) so Medium digs have to be curtailed. R&D digs for 7are often suicide. Note however that each Snare costs 4 to trigger so run when Jinteki has less than 4.

Some Anarch card tech vs. Jinteki

Vamp. Usually played by Whizzard or rich Shaper with a Magmum Opus economy, a Corp reduced to 0 credits cannot trigger any Ambushes (except Ghost Branch). However resource-reliant builds will have to remove the tag (or vs. Weyland who could Easy Mark Scorched Earth). Criminal already have Account Siphon for this.

If you are playing against Replicating Perfection, Anarch has Scrubbber to help kill all their plentiful assets,

And of course there is Infiltration (almost always played to reveal a crucial card) to help avoid that potential ambush in a remote.

However, using the deck list above, your tactics against Jinteki would be:

(a) Djinn up Imps vs. Jinteki's often naked horizontal face-up assets - keep Jinteki poor (Personal Evolution is usually poor anyway).

(b) Install viruses to thrash out R&D, aiming for 1 glory run for multiple agendas stolen from Archives where Snare! and Fetal AI can't hurt

©  Try not to play the Jinteki game of interacting too much with remotes; yours is a waiting game of thrashing R&D into Archives for 1 run

(d) Curb your aggression, play like a Shaper and build build buld for that 1 Archives glory run

(e) Always keep maximum hand size (that 1 Stimhack is your last surprise play).

Against Jinteki, the "Noise Shop" build is almost an auto-win. 2 Core + WLA + TA + CE would be something like…

Event (11)

·         3 Deja Vu 

·         3 Easy Mark •••

·         2 Stimhack 

·         3 Sure Gamble 

Hardware (5)

·         3 Cyberfeeder 

·         2 Grimoire 

Resource (7)

·         2 Personal Workshop ••••• •••

·         3 Wyldside 

Icebreaker (7)

·         2 Corroder 

·         1 Crypsis 

·         2 Mimic 

·         2 Yog.0 

Program (15)

·         3 Datasucker 

·         3 Djinn 

·         3 Imp 

·         3 Medium 

·         3 Parasite 

As a rule, you will mulligan if you don't have Wyldeside, Workshop or Pawnshop (obviously Sure Gamble, Grimoire, Djinn. Cyberfeeder is an old school keeper).

Stimhack is herea  key economy card via Personal Workshop (its credits used to install mid-run) but like Medium, its use needs to be curtailed vs. Jinteki. The main reason why Noise Shop is an auto-win against Jinteki is because of (a) Wyldeside and (b) no ambushes in Archives. Just use your card advantage to load off viruses onto Workshop to ferment into play, ideally after Grimoire. Clicks are valuable once you Wyldeside so knowing when to turn it on (and off with Pawnshop) is crucial. Wyldeside is why you play Easy Mark for minimal click investment. Noise Shop is a very passive deck, sometimes only ever completing one run on Archives to win (plus often aborted runs with your Djinned up Crypsis to rez ice to attack with Parasite). There are many tricks in the deck (e.g  installng a Parasite from Workshop end of Corp turn to start at 2 counters if Grmoire is in play)  There are versions that run 3x Nerve Agent for the 3 duplicate breakers and even versions with 3x Crypsis as their only breakers. When running, be wary of program thrashing (Rototurret, Ichi, Archer, Aggresive Secretary, are most common) as killing a Djinn loaded with viruses can be game ending. Never stack Djinns in a tree unless forced to (as no Grimoire yet).

But before changing deck, try the current and just be less aggressive against Jinteki; be patient, thrashing R&D into safe Archives, running it just when he's about to win to steal the victory from 0. Like ju-jitsu (judo), the Jinteki uses the runner's aggression against him (e.g. Neural Emp) so instead play more passively, making sure you never dig more cards than you can survive (remember each Snare costs 4 creds to activate and each Neural Emp costs 2), always having the creds spare to steal the poisonous babies and give up on triple advanced cards if 1 more agenda won't win it for them (usually 10x 2pt agendas in Personal Evolution).

Also, against Personal Evolution, don't forget to overdraw before the glory run. Too much success can kill you. If you ran it on Stimhack and found agendas to win that dropped you to 0 cards, you have won before Stimhack kills you. Hey, you've got to suffer for your art.

Hope this feedback has helped and good luck.

#9 Mortal_Flesh

Mortal_Flesh

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

Thank you, it is great help ;)

I was just curious if there is even other way to win against Jinteki than just trash em out with patient (which I enjoyed!).

I'm looking forward to try it :D Grimoared Parasite from workshop.. just lovely :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS