Treasure conditions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

This is really a minor question, but how do you all interpret the limitations on using Treasure cards in your deck?  Specifically, rule number 1.  Here's the text from the Hobbit box inserts:

A player is permitted to add a treasure card to his deck if
both of the following conditions are met:
1. The player has discovered the specific treasure card he
wishes to use through game text in a previous scenario using
the same group of heroes he is currently playing with.

Does this mean that you can use a Treasure (in the correct scenario) if you are using the same heroes for EVERY player in the game, or for just the one player who is putting treasures into his/her deck?

For example: you win treasures in a 2-player game.  Can you use those treasures when playing solo?  Or when playing with 3 players?  The larger "group of heroes" has changed, but if you only understand "group of heroes" to refer to the heroes controlled by the player who wants to use treasure cards, the group hasn't changed after all.

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Moby the Goldfish

• Members
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

i have only managed to get a few of the treasure cards yet, but i see it as

say player A discovers treasure, then player A can use it if their heros remain the same, even if joined in a 2 player game where player B changes his heros….still, i could be wrong

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

We have been playing the hobbit expansion as one long campaign in correct order two times with two different deck setups. No changes in either hero or deck setup (except from treasure cards) between scenarios.

Basically we play it as if taking on a hard challenge.

#4 Nenya

Nenya

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

This is a rookie question, but here goes.  I have also been playing the hobbit saga quests as one long campaign.  After playing the first quest (We Must Away, Ere Break of Day), I acquired the treasures that were in the troll cave.  When I set up to play Over the Misty Mountains Grim, do I add my discovered treasures to my 50 card deck, or do I take out one card for each treasure I add?  Thanks for your help.

#5 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

You just add the treasures into your deck.  Also, there is no maximum deck size, so you would never need to remove cards to make room for others, anyway.

There is a 50-card minimum if you want your deck to be tournament legal.  50 cards is pretty well accepted as the minimum for standard play, tournament or not.  Treasures don't count toward the 50-card minimum, according to the rules insert for the two Hobbit expansions, so a tournament-legal deck with Sting, Glamdring, and Orcrist in it would need to have at least 53 cards (50 plus the 3 treasures).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS