• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Valgarto

Valgarto

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

Hi,

how do you handle the energy supply of the tech priest, if there are no power sources available. E.g. after the crash on a death world. While all the other characters nervously count their ammunition, the tech priest (crimson guard), according to description, merrily shoots its integrated waepon, because his energy is never empty, as far as i understand.

Greetings

Val

#2 Bassemandrh

Bassemandrh

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:08 AM

The Tech priest is the power source for his weapon, that also why he doesnt have to reload.

#3 MADDOGmjb

MADDOGmjb

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Basically, as long as the Tech-Priest has food or an IV or anthing else that would give a human energy, his Potentia Coil is powered.

#4 Louisp

Louisp

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

I imagine they can power up in more ways that simply biological sustainence, solar power, thermal, like a dynamo where moving uses energy but also generates it and many other forms to boot, the ways of the cult mechanicus are mysterious and unknown to many on the outside. 

#5 MADDOGmjb

MADDOGmjb

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Louisp said:

I imagine they can power up in more ways that simply biological sustainence, solar power, thermal, like a dynamo where moving uses energy but also generates it and many other forms to boot, the ways of the cult mechanicus are mysterious and unknown to many on the outside. 

I agree that is most likely possible. However, I feel that it's outside the realm of most Tech-Priest initiates. In my opinion, it would be an augmetic that is added if the Tech-Priest in question has access to it and desires it. I certainly don't think it would be "stock".

#6 Elgrun

Elgrun

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Tech-preists' potentia coils are powered from what's left of their organic body (Assuming they're not so far in that they have Machine (5) or something). Past that level they'd have the bits installed to sap energy via solar panels or some such.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS