Zigil Mineshaft

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 btabrisky

btabrisky

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

If I quest successfully and am in a position to place 3 progress tokens on Zigil Mineshaft, do I raise my threat level by 1 for each progress token I place on Zigil Mineshaft or do I raise it by 1 total for all 3 progress tokens? Also, if I place 3 progress tokens on it one turn and then am going to place more progress tokens on it the next turn, do I raise my threat level again?

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

If you quest successfully, you don't have to raise your threat in order to place tokens on Zigil Mineshaft.

The text on that card reads "Action: Raise each player's threat by 1 to place 1 progress token on Zigil Mineshaft."  Because it is an Action, this means the players can trigger the effect at any time they choose to do so, as long as you are in an Action window (e.g., not during the staging step of the Quest phase, but after staging is complete and before quest resolution).  You can do this even if Zigil Mineshaft is in the staging area, it doesn't have to be the active location.

In order to use the Action, all players must raise their threat by 1.  You can do this 5 times to eliminate Zigil Mineshaft immediately, meaning if all players raise their threat by 5, the location has been explored and you can discard it from play.  I like to use the Cave Torch to put 3 tokens on this card, then raise each player's threat by 2 to finish it off.

hope that helped and wasn't more info than you were looking for!

#3 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Incidentally, the manual says Actions can only be triggered by that card's controller.  As nobody controls a location card, it seems like the card text actually can't be triggered.  Is anyone aware of some rules clarification that talks about this?  I didn't see anything when I looked at the FAQ just now.

#4 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

probably just a minor detail that was overlooked…i cant think of any other location right now that doesnt have a forced or response on it

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#5 btabrisky

btabrisky

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

Thank you for the very clear explanation. I hadn't thought about literally I was to take the word "Action."

#6 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

richsabre said:

probably just a minor detail that was overlooked…i cant think of any other location right now that doesnt have a forced or response on it

rich

Dark Pit (SaF) - Refresh Action if active location;

Doors of Durin (TWitW) - Action;

Front Porch (OHaUH) - Action;

Merchant's District (TBoLT) - Travel Action;

Mithril Lode (FoS) - Refresh Action if active location;

Overgrown Trail (HoN) - Action;

Overhanging Rock (OHaUH) - Action if active location;

These are the ones that cardgamedb lists as having action on card text, apart Zigil Mineshaft…

As you can see, there is one from HoN

Carlos José Matos

#7 starhawk77

starhawk77

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

GrandSpleen said:

Incidentally, the manual says Actions can only be triggered by that card's controller.  As nobody controls a location card, it seems like the card text actually can't be triggered.  Is anyone aware of some rules clarification that talks about this?  I didn't see anything when I looked at the FAQ just now.

This was addressed in the KD rules insert (p.1):

"An 'Action:' on an encounter card in play may be triggered by any player, following normal restrictions on triggering abilites."

#8 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Thanks!  I always go to check the game manual and the FAQ, and never think to check rules inserts.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS