Deck Building Basics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GuThePenguin

GuThePenguin

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

I've been a long time MTG player, but this is clearly different. I just picked up the game and I'm wondering what goes into a deck. I understand that the decks require a minimum of ten pods of six. But what about affiliation cards and the force cards? Do I just throw those in on top of my ten pods of six?

I think a set of sticky topics covering the basics would be helpful.

#2 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

There are some great tutorial videos on the main page. I would suggest reviewing them - this was a great help to me when I was learning.

As to deckbuilding, there are some basics you should know:

1) each deck consists of two parts; a command deck - which houses your "play" cards - and an objective deck - which houses your objectives

2) your objective deck must include at least 10 objectives, though you may play as many as you can shuffle w/o help

3) you must play with an affiliation card, either Sith, Navy or Scum & Villany for the dark side / Jedi, Rebel, Smugglers & Spies for the light side.

4) the Force struggle cards are basically tokens that deliniate the units you have contributed to the Force struggle; you may have no more than 3 in a deck

5) you can mix affiliations, but only on the same side of the Force:  sorry, no vader / luke combos … enfadado

Welcome to the machine!

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

4) the Force struggle cards are basically tokens that deliniate the units you have contributed to the Force struggle; you may have no more than 3 in a deck

To be more correct, the Force struggle cards are tokens and are part of the supply (just like focus tokens and damage tokens).  They are not part of your deck at all.  Each player has exactly 3 of them, no more, no less. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS