Photo

Why are there two #30 cards in Shadows of Mirkwood?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Skaak

Skaak

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

I was looking at my cards recently, and noticed an odd fact: both Eomund and West Road Traveller are numbered as "30" within the Shadows of Mirkwood set.

Was this some sort of weird oversight? West Road Traveller was released in the final Return to Mirkwood pack (where the numbers for the cards were more like 130, except there's already a card #130). Pretty strange.

Not that it matters at all, but I was curious about it. :-)

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

i havnt checked but its probably a printing error

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Skaak said:

I was looking at my cards recently, and noticed an odd fact: both Eomund and West Road Traveller are numbered as "30" within the Shadows of Mirkwood set.

Was this some sort of weird oversight? West Road Traveller was released in the final Return to Mirkwood pack (where the numbers for the cards were more like 130, except there's already a card #130). Pretty strange.

Not that it matters at all, but I was curious about it. :-)

I think there was a discussion on this a while ago about this (although I couldn't find it). CardgameDB suggests that it ought to be printed 121 (I agree).

#4 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

That is indeed an error…

I've noticed it earlier. (i believe i mentioned it here, but not sure)

The card should be number #121, the only missing number on that particular pack (it starts with the hero card #116 - Dain Ironfoot - as all packs/expansions).

The order is, usually:

- Hero card(s);

By spheres (Leadership, Tactics, Spirit, Lore and Neutral)

Ally card;

Event card; *

Attachment card; *

Quest cards;

Encounter cards; (there seems to be no particular order on this, except for the fact that the cards are grouped on the encounter set. ex all locations cards, then all enemy cards, then all treachery cards)

* Some packs have the attachments cards before the event cards (THfG; CatC; AJtR; RtM; KD; RtR; TH:OHaUH)

PS: On the Hobbit expansions they put it all together (all ally cards, all event cards and all attachment cards) mantaining the spheres order.

Carlos José Matos

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS