Photo

Regarding the Shadows of a Black Sun adventure.

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 G2 Joe the Condor

G2 Joe the Condor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hello, everyone! I hail from New Zealand and am new to the Fantasy Flight community and it's forums. I was wondering if any of you, particularly the moderators (FFGMark and FFG_Sam Stewart), know if the "Shadows of a Black Sun" adventure will be released as a free pdf on the Fantasy Flight website once the free rpg day on June 15th is over. Thank you all.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

#2 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

I know that FFG has usually released their Warhammer 40L Free RPG Day offerings as downloadable PDFs, but I strongly doubt that the Games Workshop license agreement carries with it the same restrictions that the Lucasfilm one does.

However, seeing as how it's not a "for sale" product, I'd figure the odds are good that if FFG can manage to have it available as a PDF download, I'm sure they'll do so.  If nothing else, it helps generate more buzz for EotE, which is most certainly not a bad thing by any stretch.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#3 G2 Joe the Condor

G2 Joe the Condor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Thanks very much, Donovan Morningfire. The reply is very much appreciated! I really hope they can and do decide to release the adventure as a pdf! It would be a shame to miss out on getting the adventure, since I won't be able to be there in person (living in New Zealand and all)! 

#4 ejacobs

ejacobs

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Yeah, I'd certainly like a PDF version of that as well. I'm going to be missing Free RPG day as well. On a government sponsored tour to SW Asia. Really looking forward to getting home and rolling those dice!

E

#5 G2 Joe the Condor

G2 Joe the Condor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

That sounds really interesting, ejacobs! How long is the tour?

#6 ejacobs

ejacobs

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Oh, who knows for sure? ;) Am busy grabbing all i can about EotE and reading it all in preparation to being home again though.

E

#7 G2 Joe the Condor

G2 Joe the Condor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

Sounds like a plan!

#8 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

I hope this comes my way too, although I doubt that it will. It's too much to hope for that my FLGS will actually get this - they've changed their profile over the last few years, more comics and Lego now than games - granted they always had more comics - they have so few rpgs its depressing. Times are a changing or whatever. It saddens me.

I hope I can get this as a PDF or that they can send it to me - I'll pay for shipping certainly.

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

#9 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

I really hope they go the route of providing a PDF for it, particular as it's not a profit-making supplement (but, of course, there may always be restrictions on what they can and can't do with it).

At the moment, I'm running my own play-by-post EotE game, and I'm always eager for more material to help me round things out. This adventure sounds just right!

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."
- Vago the Hutt; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

#10 G2 Joe the Condor

G2 Joe the Condor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens after the free RPG day. I hope that after June 15 we can get an official response from Fantasy Flight Games as to whether or not they can release the adventure to us as a free pdf. I certainly hope so! The more adventures the better!                                                                                                                                                      

#11 The Grand Falloon

The Grand Falloon

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

I know when WotC had the license, they could profuce free PDFs, but not sell them.  I dunno if that carries over for duplicating free print products, but there's hope.

#12 ErikB

ErikB

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

The Grand Falloon said:

I know when WotC had the license, they could profuce free PDFs, but not sell them.

FFG already have some PDF support materials up (character sheets and an extra adventure for the Beginners Set), so I think there is some evidence that the same sort of arrangement might be in effect.

If you want a picture of the Empire, imagine a jackboot stamping on a beings face - forever.

#13 G2 Joe the Condor

G2 Joe the Condor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

We can only hope that this will be the case!

#14 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

I'm also hoping it goes up online - also living in New Zealand, my only other option for getting a copy is paying through the nose on eBay… or finding a kind poster on here willing to snag me a copy from a US gaming store… (hint, hint).

:)

Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Beta test) resources

Reference Sheets | Combat Reference Sheet | Critical Cards | Talent Tree Reference

#15 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'm hoping for it to be online as well. The closest store that is hosting an event is over an hour away and there aren't any other stores within three hours.

#16 MrBaldwin

MrBaldwin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

For those of you who are concerned that you won't be able to get copies (either pdf or print), Noble Knight Games usually lets you add the free rpg day stuff to online orders for about .01 each (their system won't let them charge less, I think).  I think there is a minimum order, however.  That's how I get the free rpg day stuff I miss out on. 

#17 Jaysin1414

Jaysin1414

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

Thanks for the head's up MrBaldwin.  I have to be out-of-town for a graduation, so I can't get to my local FLGS. Popped on to Noble Knight, found an old book I've been looking for at a pretty good price and bought the Star Wars adventure for a penny. Great find!

Thanks!

J1414

#18 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

• Members
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Picked up the adventure, got a chance to play it at the FLGS, and had a blast doing so.

#19 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Fingers crossed for a PDF version then. My players have just had their first contact with Black Sun, although they don't know it yet! (mwahahahaha!)

"There is no point to owning a copy of the rules if you aren't committed to actually reading them."

#20 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

• Members
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

Cilionelle said:

Fingers crossed for a PDF version then. My players have just had their first contact with Black Sun, although they don't know it yet! (mwahahahaha!)

I think I saw something on Twitter from a staff member of FFG saying that the module would be available after Free RPG Day, but no indication of when that might be.

Also, I know from one poster over on the d20 Radio Forums that if you buy at least $15 worth of merchandise from Noble Knight Games, they'll throw in a Free RPG Day item of your choice, as that poster had bought an older book and selected Shadows as their bonus item.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS