• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dth

dth

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:31 PM

Hey there

Talismanisland has kindly put up my second expansion, "The Wildlands". You can obtain a copy at www.talismanisland.com/expansions.htm

Let me know what you think!

Best Regards

Dorian T Hawkins

#2 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:27 AM

Hi Dorian;)

I have take a look at some cards, and i must say that i really like the Gryphon and the Harpie !

Especially the Harpie. I love it so much. The Harpie was in the third edition in the mountains.  

The dragons are also great. I am almost thinking about the dragon expansion haha;)

I shall take a look at the other cards, if they are more that i like;)

Greetings,

Velhart

#3 dth

dth

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:42 AM

Thank you! I appreciate the compliments.

What do you think of the Wildland's Overlord mechanic?

#4 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:06 AM

dth said:

Thank you! I appreciate the compliments.

What do you think of the Wildland's Overlord mechanic?

Hi Doran,

I don't know what to think about that. I ignore it actually, because i am not looking for a new board in the inner region or adding new rules etc.

But you have made some nice cards. That's for sure. I am more looking for remake cards from the old talisman editions.

But i think that you can easily make the ending cards from the second edition.

The art from the Wayfarer and Fay are very good. The Barbarian is also nice but it would be better if he has the ability's from third edition.;)

#5 dth

dth

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:25 AM

No problemo :)

The issue there is that I've never played the earlier editions ;) Any resemblance to earlier characters is just an example of parallel (or is it analogous? I forget the exact term) development.

#6 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:17 AM

mmm, Maybe i could help you.  My very old father owns the third edition. I shall ask what the ability's are from the barbarian. Maybe you like them

#7 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

Hi Dorian,

I have call my old father by telephone, and here are the statistics from the barbarian. Maybe you like it..

Barbarian

Start in the Forest

is neutral and begins with one gold

strength value 4

craft value 2

Life 4

Ability's

-Take a battle axe and helmet at the start of the game.

-You need not roll the dice in the forest crags,or chasm unless you want to. if you choose to roll, you must accept the result.

- You may choose to go berserk in battle. If you do so, you may add 2 to your dice roll for the battle. However,  if you lose, you lose 2 lives instead of one.

----------

I hope you like it.

At least it's something what a friend can do.

#8 dth

dth

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

Hey , thanks for that Velhart.

That's interesting. He's not too dissimilar to my interpretation of the Minotaur (see Gauntlet expansion).

But I really appreciate you doing that! Thanks!!

#9 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:16 AM

i see you have made some cards that are already made in other expansion.

I wanted to give you the official text.

Cyclops – Stranger
A Cyclops comes plodding along. You must roll one die to determine how it reacts to you with the following results: 1–2) it eats one of your Followers at random (discard), 3–4) it takes one of your Objects at random (discard), or
5–6) it ignores you. The Cyclops then plods off to the discard pile.

Excalibur – Magic Object
To claim Excalibur, a Character must first pull it from the Stone by rolling one die with the following results:
1–5) no affect or 6) the Sword slides out. Whilst Excalibur is in your possession: 1) your Craft is increased by 1 point, 2) your Combat Strength is increased by 1 point, for the duration of any Combat in which you use it, and
3) Evil Characters fight you at minus 2 Strength. Evil Characters cannot possess Excalibur. If you do not claim Excalibur whilst you are in the Timescape, it must be discarded.

Slaver – Event
A Slaver captures all of your Followers, apart from the Apparition, Cursed by Hag, Jester, or Poltergeist. You may buy them back for 1 Bag of Gold each. Any not paid for, are discarded along with the Slaver.

It seems to be a dungeon card too. Maybe it is included in the revised dungeon...

Maybe that you like it

greetz Velhart

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS