How many objectives

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 keggboy777

keggboy777

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

I've been looking for this and can't find it. What is the max number of objectives that you can have in a deck? 10-12?
Thanks in Advance

#2 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

There isn't a max, but there is a min. You must have a minimum of 10. For competitive play, going above 10 seems to dilute your deck and not make it quite as effictive. I'm sure some of the other guys can speak more eloquently as to why you shouldn't but in general it's not the best idea.

North Carolina Facebook Group

Join the resource for connecting players across NC.

#3 JKoellner

JKoellner

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

The tournament rules indicate a minimum of 10 objectives.

The maximum number allowed is a bit more unclear. It is not explicitly stated in the tournament rules document, however, it does state that you need to be able to shuffle your decks "with no assistance."

Keep in mind these are tournament rules and don't inhibit your ability to come up with your own "house" rules… as long as your opponent is aware and okay with the "house" rules in play.

Reference: Tournament Rules PDF

Star Wars LCG - Level Up Games Minneapolis Season One 2014 - Regional Game Night Champion

#4 keggboy777

keggboy777

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

Ok thanks, I thought so about the 10 min rule. I remember when you first learn you play with 8.

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

If my quick count was correct, the LS can currently build a deck with as many as 41 objective sets (playsets of every set except for one of the affiliation restricted ones).

#6 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

dbmeboy said:

If my quick count was correct, the LS can currently build a deck with as many as 41 objective sets (playsets of every set except for one of the affiliation restricted ones).

Dammit, now I want to try and build a 41 objective deck, just to be insane. I suspect it would end horribly.

#7 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Anecdotally, the 2nd place player at my regional event always plays with more than 10 so he can be more aggressive in the edge battles. Seemed to work decently for him. But like I said, that's just one individual's experience, and his ability to make it to 2nd may have less to do with his deck building philosophy and more to do with his experience vs. the experience of the other players. But maybe not. We'd know better if more people started playing with 12 objectives. My issue is that my deck box only holds two 10-objective decks, and I'd rather not buy a new deck box. ;)

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#8 Kordos

Kordos

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

I've been running 11 sets in my navy Vader swarm deck - the 11th set is the Espo trooper one

It works really well

I have experimented with 11 objectives in other decks and it really comes down to how your deck works as to if it is worth it or not 

#9 Darth_Ewok_Fett

Darth_Ewok_Fett

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

Along the same lines is there a Max for the number of Cobjectives you can have per deck? Like in magic you can only have 4 of one card per deck. 

#10 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

Darth_Ewok_Fett said:

Along the same lines is there a Max for the number of Cobjectives you can have per deck? Like in magic you can only have 4 of one card per deck. 

Check pg 28, very top of the right column. You may include up to 2 copies of each objective set unless the set states that it's limited to 1 per deck.

#11 Darth_Ewok_Fett

Darth_Ewok_Fett

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Attention to detail is not my strong suit I guess!!!! Thanks so much!

#12 4wallz

4wallz

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

I'm assuming you're wondering about individual cards?  The card limit doesn't matter.  It's the two objective limit (unless the objective states one per deck).  Some people gripe that it only lets you have two copies of some powerful cards.  But honestly, with all the card draw you do in this game, even with just two copies I usually draw into at least one of them every game.

#13 Darth_Ewok_Fett

Darth_Ewok_Fett

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

I completely agree! The best part of this game is you get to see so much of your deck each game.

#14 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

The maximum is limited by your intelligence.  If you're smart, then the maximum is 10 objectives.  If you're not smart, then it's up to 45 for LS or up to 43 for DS.

#15 Nyvosus

Nyvosus

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

agnos said:

The maximum is limited by your intelligence.  If you're smart, then the maximum is 10 objectives.  If you're not smart, then it's up to 45 for LS or up to 43 for DS.

not necessarily about intelligence, although yes it is not smart to run anymore than 12 in my opinion. i like to run 12 to be able to play aggressively during  edge battles without the risk of running out of cards in my command deck.

#16 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Nyvosus said:

agnos said:

not necessarily about intelligence, although yes it is not smart to run anymore than 12 in my opinion. i like to run 12 to be able to play aggressively during  edge battles without the risk of running out of cards in my command deck.

And before anybody says that's too cautious because nobody ever decks out, I have decked out, and it is a concern, especially when playing a conservative control style.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS