Jump to content



Photo

TableTop X-Wing postponed(Wheaton!!!)


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 LordCole

LordCole

    Member

  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

May 2nd's episode of TableTop is not going to be X-Wing after all; Wheaton says, "it will air later in the season but that it will be well worth the wait".

 

I was actually looking foreward to seeing that episode too, ah well.



#2 hey_yu

hey_yu

    Member

  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

It's no surprise.  Wheaton perfers Star Trek over Star Wars.  He's probably waiting to play Star Trek Attack Wing before X-wing.



#3 DarkGuard

DarkGuard

    Member

  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

how do you find this information?



#4 Buhallin

Buhallin

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

I'll take a more friendly read on it, and guess that FFG heard about it and offered him early access to the Wave 3 models, which obviously required a reshoot but also meant it had to be pushed back past their May the 4th announcement.

No real information or evidence to back that up, but I think it's more likely than "He decided to blow off one of the hottest games on the market right now for a WizKids knockoff that isnt' even released yet".

 



#5 LordCole

LordCole

    Member

  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

hey_yu said:

It's no surprise.  Wheaton perfers Star Trek over Star Wars.  He's probably waiting to play Star Trek Attack Wing before X-wing.

 

Actually the episode itself is already "in the can", they are delaying the release for some reason, supposed to be some sort of surprise.



#6 LordCole

LordCole

    Member

  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

DarkGuard said:

how do you find this information?

I subscribe to the Geek & Sundry channel at YouTube.com, TableTop is published on Thursdays.

Buhallin said:

I'll take a more friendly read on it, and guess that FFG heard about it and offered him early access to the Wave 3 models, which obviously required a reshoot but also meant it had to be pushed back past their May the 4th announcement.

I would actually love for this to be the case, that would be a great reveal.

Buhallin said:

No real information or evidence to back that up, but I think it's more likely than "He decided to blow off one of the hottest games on the market right now for a WizKids knockoff that isnt' even released yet".

I have not been a real big WizKids fan since they took over for FASA with Battletech and screwed with the gameplay and miniature scale; That is not to say their models did not look good… you just could not play their version of the game along side the old mech or on old maps, effectively rendering years of miniatures collecting waisted. Thanks to Catalyst and Ironwind Metals that has been fixed.



#7 dvang

dvang

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Personally, I think the delay is purely logistical. Any time a game appears on Tabletop the sales increase tremendously for that game. Given the recent advent of Wave 2, and the sales, I expect not enough X-Wing is in stock in stores. Thus, FFG requested a delay such that they can get a new print of X-Wing ships to stores in time for the airing of the episode.



#8 LordCole

LordCole

    Member

  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

dvang said:

Personally, I think the delay is purely logistical. Any time a game appears on Tabletop the sales increase tremendously for that game. Given the recent advent of Wave 2, and the sales, I expect not enough X-Wing is in stock in stores. Thus, FFG requested a delay such that they can get a new print of X-Wing ships to stores in time for the airing of the episode.

Good call, I have noticed when my Gal and I watch together she inevitably says, "ooh that looks like fun, lets get a copy".



#9 Sanguinary Priest

Sanguinary Priest

    Member

  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Sheldon is going to be so pissed when he finds out…   :)



#10 Buhallin

Buhallin

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

dvang said:

Personally, I think the delay is purely logistical. Any time a game appears on Tabletop the sales increase tremendously for that game. Given the recent advent of Wave 2, and the sales, I expect not enough X-Wing is in stock in stores. Thus, FFG requested a delay such that they can get a new print of X-Wing ships to stores in time for the airing of the episode.

If they're going to hold it until stores are well-stocked we should be seeing it around 2017… right? :)

 



#11 Sergovan

Sergovan

    Member

  • Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Buhallin said:

 

If they're going to hold it until stores are well-stocked we should be seeing it around 2017… right? :)

 

 

LOL. too true.


Rebels: 4 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 3 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 1 Redeemer CR 90

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 3 Tie Bombers, 2 Lambda, 1 Vigil Corvette

Tournament results: 11 of 11; 3 of 11;


#12 MagicElmo

MagicElmo

    Member

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

dvang said:

Personally, I think the delay is purely logistical. Any time a game appears on Tabletop the sales increase tremendously for that game. Given the recent advent of Wave 2, and the sales, I expect not enough X-Wing is in stock in stores. Thus, FFG requested a delay such that they can get a new print of X-Wing ships to stores in time for the airing of the episode.

That is a very valid point. I only recently got into X-Wing and man it's hard to get your hands on that game. I'm sure even FFG is surprised by the succes of the game.

I managed to get the Core game, the Falcon, Slave-1, A-Wing and the Interceptor. Glad that the 1st wave is reprinted soon (some people out there ask for ridicilous money.



#13 Fiachra

Fiachra

    Member

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Been hoping they would do an X-Wing (as well as BSG and Diplomacy) epsiode so great to hear that there will be one. If they do re-shoot to include wave 3 then we will end up with two X-Wing episodes so even better! I do not mind waitin however because every episode is great even though it has cost me a fortune. Star Fluxx, Pandemic and Dragon Age which in turn led me to Edge of the Empire which led me to X-Wing.

Damn you Wheaton!!



#14 dvang

dvang

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

Actually, after thinking about it… I think it's probably a reshoot to include Wave 2 ships. Don't forget these episodes are filmed at least several weeks ahead of time, if not months.  I wouldn't be surprised if they played with Wave 1, and decided it would be cooler to use Wave 2.



#15 progressions

progressions

    Member

  • Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Or maybe they're using Wave 3 ships!

And that's why it won't be out before May 4 :)



#16 jetsetter

jetsetter

    Member

  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

at any rate….hopefully, someone will post when it is released.



#17 ForceM

ForceM

    Member

  • Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

LordCole said:

DarkGuard said:

 

how do you find this information?

 

 

I subscribe to the Geek & Sundry channel at YouTube.com, TableTop is published on Thursdays.

Buhallin said:

 

I'll take a more friendly read on it, and guess that FFG heard about it and offered him early access to the Wave 3 models, which obviously required a reshoot but also meant it had to be pushed back past their May the 4th announcement.

 

 

I would actually love for this to be the case, that would be a great reveal.

Buhallin said:

 

No real information or evidence to back that up, but I think it's more likely than "He decided to blow off one of the hottest games on the market right now for a WizKids knockoff that isnt' even released yet".

 

 

I have not been a real big WizKids fan since they took over for FASA with Battletech and screwed with the gameplay and miniature scale; That is not to say their models did not look good… you just could not play their version of the game along side the old mech or on old maps, effectively rendering years of miniatures collecting waisted. Thanks to Catalyst and Ironwind Metals that has been fixed.

I am both a fan of Star Wars and Star Trek, but the fact that WizKids just bought the license from FFG and also the fact that i see X-Wing at a clear advantage just because it is at a starfighter scale, which i prefer, turn me off considering Attack Wing. Also the shown ships look as if they were not anywhere near the quality of X-Wing miniatures. This could of course be because they are  the prototypes…



#18 jboweruk

jboweruk

    Member

  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

I'll buy Attack wing for the reason that it's capital ships; it's simple; it will do what I need from it. I like X-Wing, and when I heard they were doing a Star Trek Version it's not that it's ST that appeals (Gods I'd love FF to do a Capital Ship version of the SW ships) but that it IS Capital ships.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS