3 replies to this topic

#1 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Posted this on the CGDB as well …

Question for the populace:

With new sets on the horizon that will inevitably include Jedi sets we want to play, I am curious which of these objective sets do you feel is better overall?

Secret of Y4 is one of the few OSets for the LS that has more than 5 dmg capacity, includes C-3P0, guardians AND Twist of Fate.

In You Must Go has Yoda, Counterstroke, resource generation and the Objective itself is useful nearly every turn for the LS.

So the question is, which is better:

In Rebel decks?

In Jedi decks?

In S&S decks?

Welcome to the machine!

#2 shaggscoob

shaggscoob

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

Depends on what you're building. For instance, I have secret of Yavin in my rebel deck for shielding and event cancellation. I'll probably end up replacing it with the new LS neutral when I get it, though. Yoda isn't good on his own, you need to be playing a lot of enhancements to really use him, so I'd say that's not a good one to splash.

#3 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

I agree with Shagscoob. Personally, I like The Secret of Yavin 4 better and I feel like I can use it in a wide variety of decks. Plus, A Twist of Fate is probably my favorite card in the game right now, so I can't turn that down. Now, Counter Stroke vs. C-3PO. Forgive me for not having these on hand, but I believe they both cost 1. Counter Stroke has the advantage of being a surprise from your hand; C-3PO is seen by your opponent and they may have a way to work around him. However, I love putting 3PO on the Force so you can take it in the ever that all other cards are exhausted during combat. Speaking of the Force, that's one thing In You Must go has: even without enhancements, you can just throw Yoda to the Force and hold it. Secret has no Force icons to speak of. So they both have pros and cons, but I'm strongly leaning toward The Secret of Yavin 4 being the better set in more cases.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#4 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

Okay, double post and my returns got deleted. I should stop posting on my iPod Touch.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS