OCTGN going pay to play

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

lol enjoy it while you can, expecting a full cease and desist in a matter of minutes. dumb move on their part imo.

http://www.indiegogo...gn-alive?c=home

#2 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

Before we jump all over this, I'd advise you to read http://www.agotcards...talkboard/v/779, especially hedjman (who has been working on the AGOT module). 

This looks like a (serious) mess-up on OCTGN's end, and some very poor communication, but still salvageable. 

As one of many players who play primarily over OCTGN but still buy all the FFG products, I hope FFG will give the waters some time to settle before throwing out a C&D here.

#3 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

putting out a $30k kickstarter kinda speaks for itself imo regardless of what the octgn folks tell the plugin developers. 

#4 fhornmikey

fhornmikey

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

Could still play peer to peer (O2 style) regardless of what they decide to do, so perhaps the days of Hamachi and configuring routers are making a return?  /sigh

#5 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Wow. Just read through that Indiegogo posting.

Just wow.

I take it that they don't actually have any understanding of how illegal it is in the US to make your money off someone else's intellectual properties?

#6 db0

db0

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hey everyone, this is not going to be the case. Please check this thread. The indiegogo campaign has also been decommissioned.

#7 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

db0 said:

Hey everyone, this is not going to be the case. Please check this thread. The indiegogo campaign has also been decommissioned.

Not as of right now it hasn't. The page is still accepting donations and the pop-up when I open OCTGN is still very much there.

#8 sWhiteboy

sWhiteboy

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

OCTGN updated.  The indiegogo pop-up is gone now.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS