Wyrd Gunslinger

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dnjscott

dnjscott

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hi all, our gaming group is going to be starting up a Rogue Trader / Deathwatch game soon. The original plan was to also allow Dark Heresy characters but in practice they seemed to just have too many talents at the point total alloted to them (we are using the suggested levels from the book). Anyway, I really liked the Metallican Gunslinger Alternate Rank but couldn't find anything too similar in Rogue Trader other than the Wyrd Gunslinger, which is technically an adversary. Long story short - can anyone post some tips on making a similar type of character to the Wyrd Gunslinger with the resources available to Players? The Arch-Militant seemed an obvious place to start but they don't do any gunslinging until very high levels. I'm aware I won't be competitive with other members of the group such as an Ork and a Space Marine, but I really liked the feel and mechanics. Plus maybe being really fast is enough of a niche.    PS - apologies about the wall of text, don't seem to be able to put a carriage return in here. Not sure why.

#2 Brother_Trahaerne

Brother_Trahaerne

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

It shouldn't be too hard to create such a character. You start with a Hive worlder and exchange the homeworld benefits for the ones given in the Inquisitor's Handbook for Gunmetal City. I would then remove the Basic Weapon Training (Universal) talent from the Arch Militant starting talents and instead give the character the Knave of Pistols trait for the Metallican Gunslinger. Finish this up with appropriate origin path options.

I would then pick up the Manhunter alternate advance (Hostile Acquisitions) straight at level 1 which gives you some really good gun-related talents and a really nasty special talent. Maybe your GM even allows to exchange the more melee oriented talents in the alternate advance for talents like Independent Targeting etc.

For the Wyrd psi powers, either take the Witch Born lineage option from Into the Storm or go for the Awakened Psyker advance later on.

#3 dnjscott

dnjscott

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

Yeah - I could just grab it directly from the DH books. Was just wondering if I was missing a path. I'll look over the Manhunter - it does seem like a good match in some ways from what I remember of it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS