#1 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

Sent to me via e-mail:

Hello Sergovan,

Can you be in an overlapping state, before you have performed a maneuver, with a bomb token?

If a bomb token is placed under a ship, that ship does not cause the bomb to detonate. When that ship moves, you can ignore its starting position. The bomb token only detonates if the ship's maneuver template or the ship's final position overlap the bomb token. Thus, it is possible for your ship to start on the edge of a bomb token and move off it without detonating it.

Thanks for playing!

James Kniffen
Associate Game Designer
Fantasy Flight Games

So its now official. You can start on a mine and not have it go off.

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 5 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 2 Tie Phantom, 2 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11 of 11; (S)3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; ®12 of 28

#2 Cptnhalfbeard

Cptnhalfbeard

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

I didn't know this was ever questioned.  It has always been that it only detonated if your maneuver template went over it or if you ended your movement on one, not if you started overlapping it.  *shrug*

Keep in mind, if you start your turn and if even just a tiny bit of proxy mine peeks out between the template guides on the front of your ship, it blows up on you.

#3 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

This question was in response to a tourney situation that occured where a falcon started on a proximity mine token. The T.O. ruled it blew up as soon as the falcon started to move, even thought the template or final base position never touched the mine template. The confusion occurs with overlapping only being defined as when moving and having your template or base overlap something, not if you have something slide under your base before your move has begun.

It runs in the "simultaneous" and "being hit" vein of counter intuition that crops up with language based rule development.

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 5 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 2 Tie Phantom, 2 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11 of 11; (S)3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; ®12 of 28

#4 Cptnhalfbeard

Cptnhalfbeard

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

Sounds to me like a TO that doesn't pay attention to the rules.  The rules are very clearly defined, there should be no misinterpretation of how it works.  If I were the player at that tourney I'd be pissed.  It works the same way as asteroids, if you overlap an asteroid, you don't roll for damage a second time when you move off of it (unless the same issue arises where there is still more asteroid peeking through your front guides).  I don't understand why a TO would think the proxy mine acted any differently.  

Hopefully this info from FFG will prevent this sort of thing in the future.  Thanks for posting it!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS