Storage & Shuffling

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Now got all but three expansions and facing two issues.

First is storage:

At the mo, I've got the core game box to hold the main board, character figures and cards (including the toads), strength, fate, craft and life counters, gold, dice, purchase cards, Talisman cards, alignment cards and adventure cards.

I'm using the Reaper box for the Reaper figure and card, spell cards and Warlock quest cards.

I'm using the Frostmarch box for alternate ending cards.

I'm using the Dungeon and Highland boxes for their respective board pieces, "drawing" cards and reward cards.

I hve the Sacred Pool whose contents need to be mingled in with the others but may use this for the stables and quest reward cards.

I'm starting to run out of space in the core game box for adventure cards.

Second is shuffling:

I have a large amount of adventure cards with more to be added but finding it hard to shuffle all in one go.

I've split them into seperate piles but concerned may end up with cards I've used before (even though I put cards that were put into play at the bottom of their respective piles).

Any suggestions/ideas?

Also, out of curiosity, are there any events in the game that require all six dice (most I've had to roll so far are 3 for the Mines and Crypt)?

#2 Fogity

Fogity

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

My current storage setup (with all expansions) is as follows:

One large box hosts two expansion boards and all adventure cards.

One large box hosts the other two expansion boards and all adventure like decks (board and dragon cards).

One large box has the filler piece flipped upside down and hosts all figures except NPCs and toads.

The dragon tokens are in a bag outside the boxes (bag from Carcassonne).

All other components are located in the main game box.

I might actually not be able to fit all large cards in the main box and will maybe move some of them to a small box.

It is not sustainable to have the adventure cards in the main box, it is better to store the smaller decks there in my opinion.

When i shuffle i usually put the cards in different piles one by one and then "randomly" pick them up and add to the deck, repeating a few times.

If I do not feel like doing that i can spread them out on a flat (and smooth) surface and mix them up (they will not all be oriented the same though).

On smaller decks I use random.org to randomly pick an order to place the cards in.

When you dice with death you use 3 dice for death and 3 dice for yourself and compare the result.

#3 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Thanks for the info.

Here's how I've sorted my items so far:

In the core game box are:

The main board

Main rulebook

All strength, craft, life and fate counters

All gold

All six dice

All character cards

All alternate ending cards in a bag

The toad and Reaper cards in a bag

All Warlock Quest cards

All spell cards

Purchase deck

Talisman cards

Good/Evil cards

In the Dungeon box are:

The Dungeon and Highland regions

All adventure cards

Dungeon and Highland rulebooks

In the Highland box are:

All characters in a bag

The toads in a bag

The Reaper in a bag

The Dungeon and Highland cards, and their respective reward cards, in seperate bags

Rule sheets for the Reaper and Frostmarch

(Inner cardboard has been flipped)

Yet to use the Sacred Pool expansion and I plan to put the Quest Rewards and Stables cards in the core game box, and everything else in their respective boxes.

Still need to purchase the remaining three expansions, and apply similar principles to their contents.

#4 Runeblade

Runeblade

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

With all the Talisman expansions, and an extra copy of the main board for extra tokens, my storage method is as follows:

All the boards in the main Talisman box, along with all Rulebooks. 

All sets of cards in set-specific zip-lock plastic bags and stored in the Dungeon box.

All tokens, including Dragon tokens in a fishing lure box, including dice. 

All miniatures (which i have been lovingly painting) in their own separate plastic display box, affixed in place with blu-tac. 

Wife's suggestions that it might all be a bit much filed away under "I see your point, does this mean we can buy another bookcase?"

As for shuffling… I now find i can play epic games of Talisman and not even see cards from expansion sets in the whole play, there is just that many of them. I am actually thinking of 'customising' sets of cards to give the expansions some room to breathe… For example: Core set, The Reaper, and the Blood Moon cards in order to have Night and Day really mean something… however moving the Reaper and the Werewolf around did become a bit of a chore…

So less cards, less shuffling… maybe.

#5 Triakor

Triakor

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

I made a couple of stands to help

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Black2

Black2

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

I find it hard to believe with the popularity of Talisman that someone has not made custom carrying case for all the expansions.

Does anyone know if any company makes card/deck holders that fit this size card?

#7 Pasko75

Pasko75

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

For the cards stands I use small sugar pouches' stands and it works perfectly.

And for the cards storage I use small plastic box from the Dollars Store that you can see by clicking on my signature. Same for my painted figurines.

Edited by Pasko75, 29 January 2014 - 05:10 AM.

#8 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

Custom deck holders at Talisman Island:

http://www.talismani...torage_qral.htm

My $1.00 solution from the Dollar Tree:

http://boardgamegeek.../1911037/domagb

http://www.dollartre...roductId=296578

Edited by DomaGB, 28 January 2014 - 10:18 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS