Initiative and Pilot Skill

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Ok, I am sure it has been asked before, but if two pilots of the same skill rank are opposed, the one with initiative moves first, but does he also fire first or do they fire at the same time? Can the 2nd pilot riposte even if it just got destroyed?

Thanks

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Ceodryn said:

Ok, I am sure it has been asked before, but if two pilots of the same skill rank are opposed, the one with initiative moves first, but does he also fire first or do they fire at the same time? Can the 2nd pilot riposte even if it just got destroyed?

Thanks

The pilot with initiative fires first.  However, pilots with the same skill without initiative do not leave the board until they have had the chance to fire as well.  For more information, see the section of the rules labeled "Simultaneous Attack Rule" on pg 16.  Do note that any critical effects from the ship with initiative's attack will be in effect while the ship without initiative is firing.

#3 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

If opposing ships have the same pilot skill, the one with initiative will fire first.  The other will get a chance to fire even if it is destroyed, though.  All covered under "Destroying Ships" and the "Simultaneous Attack Rule" on page 16.

It's worth reading carefully, though.  "Simultaneous" is something of a misleading term here.  I went through it in a lot of depth here:

http://teamcovenant....-of-vocabulary/

#4 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Thanks, I had missed that rule in the book. And thanks for the article, it clarifies it very well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS