• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blindwingman

blindwingman

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

Greetings!

I am a new player to RuneWars and have a question about initiative of units in battles. I understand that you place the units on the player mat according to initiative but how do you determine the units initiative?  There is probably an obvious answer but I can't seem to find it. 

Thanks. 

#2 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

The number next to the units on the sheets is the initiative.  Each shet has 5 "slots" (although in the base game, one of these is always empty).  The top slot is Initiative 1, the next is 2, and so on.

A synopsis of the base-game units:

Initiative 1 units: Daqan Bowmen, Latari Archers, Waiqar Skeleton Archers, Uthuk Flesh Rippers, Neutral Razorwings, Neutral Sorcerers

Initiative 2 units: Daqan Knights, Latari Pegasus Riders, Waiqar Necromancers, Uthuk Berserkers, Neutral Beastmen

Initiative 3 units: Daqan Footmen, Latari Sorceresses, Uthuk Warlocks, Neutral Hellhounds (Waiqar don't have an Initiative 3 unit in the base game)

Initiative 4 units: Latari Warriors, Waiqar Reanimates, Neutral Dragons  (Daqan and Uthuk don't have initiative 4 units in the base game)

Initiative 5 units: Daqan Seige Towers, Waiqar Dark Knights, Uthuk Chaos Lords, Neutral Giants (Latari don't have an Initiative 5 unit in the base game).

#3 Zabulus

Zabulus

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

That was a very thorough answer, Sigmazero. Well done :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS