Edge battle questions?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 andersb25

andersb25

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

1. If my opponent does´nt declare any defender, do I still have to play a card during edge battle to win the edge battle?

2. When counting the force icon to determine the winner of the edge battle, it is only the cards that were played during edge battle that counts, not the icons of the units engaged?

#2 musket_max

musket_max

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

1. If your opponent doesn't declare defenders you automatically win the edge battle, you may however play edge cards if you wish, eitehr to burn bad cards in your hand quicker, or to use target of opportunity for example.

2. You only count the force icons on cards you play in the edge battle, not the units engaged, the exception to this is if any of your units in the engagement have Edge [x] on them, in that case you add that number to your side of the edge battle, cards with this so far are limited to Mon Mothma, Edge [1], and Speeder units when you have the objective Hoth Operations out, with more Hoth objectives than your opponent.

Hope this helps!

#3 andersb25

andersb25

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

Great explanations! And we were playing correct :-)

#4 Darik

Darik

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

I have a related question:

If I declare no defenders my opponent attacking opponent automatically wins the edge battle, obviously. But is there still an action window between the time that my opponent is declared the winner of the Edge battle and the time that he chooses his first unit to strike? Can I play something like Rebel Assault after he has won the Edge but before his TIE Bomber is able to strike - thus killing it before it strikes?

Thanks,

#5 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

Darik said:

If I declare no defenders my opponent attacking opponent automatically wins the edge battle, obviously. But is there still an action window between the time that my opponent is declared the winner of the Edge battle and the time that he chooses his first unit to strike? Can I play something like Rebel Assault after he has won the Edge but before his TIE Bomber is able to strike - thus killing it before it strikes?

Thanks,

I don't see why not. I can't find anything in the rules or FAQ that says an action window is skipped. I think they're always there. 

North Carolina Facebook Group

Join the resource for connecting players across NC.

#6 SlackerHacker

SlackerHacker

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

said:

Thanks,

There is an action window after the edge battle resolves in which you can use the Rebel Assualt and kill off the TIE Bomber.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS