Hit vs Critical Hit on Critical Damage Cards

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Beatty

Beatty

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

So I thought I had it down on how to deal with what counts as a hit when a damage card tells you to roll a red dice and on a solid star you take a damage. From the book we interpruted as that means any star rolled you take a damage, but in a battle report someone said they read in the forum that only a Solid Star equals a damage taken, not a Critical star. Is that true or did he get it wrong?

#2 KickinAces

KickinAces

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

If I am understanding correctly, you are talking about a critical damage card that instructs you to roll an attack die.  If you roll a *, take one additional damage.  All the games I have played in have been interpreted as it must be a regular hit, NOT a critical hit.  The reasoning for this is that if they meant it to include critical hits, they would have worded it 'upon rolling a hit, take one damage facedown'.  Since it specifically states it as the * damage, critical do not count.  Same as if you need to get the * to turn the damage card facedown.

#3 Beatty

Beatty

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

That is what I am asking. What you are saying makes sense and I am going to have to talk to my fellow gamers about this since we may have been playing it wrong.

#4 Theterrainstudio

Theterrainstudio

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

So when a **** takes a critical hit - they do take away shields, but unless it says specifically you take a hit - it actually does not count against your hull point total?

#5 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Theterrainstudio said:

So when a **** takes a critical hit - they do take away shields, but unless it says specifically you take a hit - it actually does not count against your hull point total?

Whoa, bad typing - but mine often sucks too. Critical Hits (i.e. uncancelled open explosion symbols) are not applied by dealing face-up damage cards until all shields have been removed. Until then they simply remove a shield token.

#6 Beatty

Beatty

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Theterrainstudio said:

So when a **** takes a critical hit - they do take away shields,

Double Damage after a night of cheap beer and Mexican food. @_@

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS