Any hope for Eldar?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

There's been somewhat of a vocal group for playable Eldar since Rogue Trader came out. Having just finished Gav Thorpe's excellent Path of the Eldar trilogy last week, I've hopped back on the bandwagon.

Do you guys want to see playable Eldar? A Corsair or Corsair Prince career would fit the existing game very well, and I think you could build an entire game off of the regular Craftworlders if FFG really wanted to. Splitting it into just Path of the Warrior/Seer/Outcast would allow for diversity without clutter (just small packages for different aspects, Warlock, Farseer, Ranger, and Corsair, with potential for Harlequins later) would work well.

I did some really shoddy work on this a long time ago. Is there any interest for new work on this now?

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#2 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

I think it could potentially be an excellent resource, and one that fits in more naturally than the Dark Eldar*, as Craftworld Eldar have their own reason for doing things, Corsairs could just be bored enough to think this might be interesting. Plus as you've poinetd out there's already a somewhat built-in series of progressions in the fluff for Eldar Explorers, and there's certainly no shortage of information about their weapons or ships.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#3 Arnstinium

Arnstinium

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Is it possible to send an email to Fantasy Flight Games to politely ask them to work in the character creator for an Eldar PC in the next supplement for Rogue Trader after Faith and Coin? I love the Eldar and think their culture is fascinating.
Sanity is for the Weak!

Blessed not is the mind too small for doubt. Blessed is the mind capable of doubt and to have his faith reaffirmed.

#4 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

I've been waiting for playable Eldar ever since it's been announced that playable aliens will feature in Into the Storm. I'm somewhat satisfied with the inclusion of Dark Eldar, but at the same time it makes the lack of rules for their less sinister cousins even more baffling.

There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.

There is no strenght in flesh, only weakness.
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
There is no certainty in flesh but death.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS