As the building of mono sphere decks seems to be an integral part of the new cycle, I thought it might be a good idea to get some training here. And, of course, some fun! Additionally, players who have troubles builfing mono sphere decks may get some inspiration. In this Solo Mono Challenge solo players try to beat the "Peril in Pelargir" scenario from the HoN expansion with a mono sphere deck from each of the four spheres.
Here are the rules that you have to follow to participate in the challenge:
1) Players choose a sphere and they build a mono deck for that sphere. Then they get three attempts to beat the scenario. For each victory the players get 3 points. For each victory with a secrecy deck (2 heroes) the players get five points. For each loss the players get minus 1 point. For each dead hero during a victorious game the players get minus 1 point.
2) Killing the "Umbar Assassin" is worth one bonus point (only once per game).
3) During round 1only (!) the players treat the card text of "The Leaping Fish" as if it was empty.
4) Heroes and decks may be changed each game. Decks may include neutral cards, but no cards from any of the other spheres.
5) After the players have done this for each of the four spheres, they tally their points and post their results together with the heroes they used in this thread. The player with the most points is the winner of the first Solo Mono Trophy. In case of a tie the player with the lowest starting threat of a victorious leadership deck wins.
6) All cards that have been published by FFG may be used for this challenge.
7) The challenge ends on May 1st at 8 pm CET. Each player has only one attempt to play this challenge.
1) Illeimoen - 16 points
2) Pharmboys2013 - 15 points
3) leptokurt - 10 points
4) You! Yes, YOU!