Quick question on specializations.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DrewVolker

DrewVolker

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

I am very sorry if this has been asked and answered already.
I looked through about 10 pages of topic titles and nothing seemed to sound like what I'm curious about.

Anyway to the topic at hand.

I know you can only have three specializations (well only access to three talent trees at one time, but this therefor limits specilizations).

I also know that when you buy a forth, you select one you already have and "discard" it. And "you loose some of what you have learned from that specialization".

My question is what exactly do you loose? Do you keep your talents you have already purchased from the talent tree? If you rebuy the specialization you got rid of, are you able to just pick up where you left off?

I'm reading the beta book from front to back, so I don't know if this is adressed somewhere in the book (I'm still on the character gen chapter), but a quick search through it dosent seem to give me an answer.

Anyway, I appreciate any help given.
Thanks for your time, have a great day!

#2 Colyer

Colyer

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

You keep the talents that indicate that they are "permanent" with the red bar. Flip to page 41 and check out the Assassin talent Grit. 

#3 DrewVolker

DrewVolker

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Colyer said:

You keep the talents that indicate that they are "permanent" with the red bar. Flip to page 41 and check out the Assassin talent Grit. 

Hey there, I really appreciate the reply.
But are you sure? Because acording to the final beta update permanent abilities and talents are no longer a thing.

On page 2 of the update: "Permanent Abilities and Talents (pages 40-63):Remove all references to permanent talents or permanent abilities. "

#4 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 921 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

The beta updates actually got rid of that. You can have as many specs as you can afford.

#5 DrewVolker

DrewVolker

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Vonpenguin said:

The beta updates actually got rid of that. You can have as many specs as you can afford.

Oh wow, I feel like an idiot.

Thanks a lot for the clear and quick answer. I was reading the beta update as I read the beta book (when I read a section I look on the beta update for whats been changed for that section..etc). So I havent gotten to that part of the update yet.

I really appreciate it, thanks again!

#6 LethalDose

LethalDose

• Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

DrewVolker said:

I looked through about 10 pages of topic titles and nothing seemed to sound like what I'm curious about.

I know you can only have three specializations (well only access to three talent trees at one time, but this therefor limits specilizations).

I also know that when you buy a forth, you select one you already have and "discard" it. And "you loose some of what you have learned from that specialization".

My question is what exactly do you loose? Do you keep your talents you have already purchased from the talent tree? If you rebuy the specialization you got rid of, are you able to just pick up where you left off?

I'm reading the beta book from front to back, so I don't know if this is adressed somewhere in the book (I'm still on the character gen chapter), but a quick search through it dosent seem to give me an answer.

DrewVolker said:

The three spec limit was removed during the beta.  For more information, you can read final beta update here.

-WJL

#7 Colyer

Colyer

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Indeed. I'm behind the times, it seems.

#8 LethalDose

LethalDose

• Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Yeah, sorry.  I wasn't paying attention when I was posting.  The previous answer and your response were posted while I was composing (I tend to get distracted by shiny things sometimes).

Anyway, didn't mean to overstate it.

-WJL

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS