world champion decklists

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 weskingofscots

weskingofscots

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

hi, where can i find the decklists for the past world championships? i.e. a list of all the cards in each deck etc. from 2010-2011-2012-2013

thanks

#2 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

i doubt you'll find this info anywhere (maybe the old ffg news post?). i just looked and bruno had posted his from last year online but it appears to have been taken down. ffg doesnt make the lists public so it is up to the player to post it or not. most choose not.

#3 weskingofscots

weskingofscots

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

wow! seems like a really backwards way of having a tournament. listing the decks can only help to draw interest to the game in my opinion. but whatever……….

#4 DCRobb

DCRobb

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Doing a google search for "game of thrones lcg world championship decks" brought up links to the 2012 and 2011 joust champ decks on cardgamedb:

http://www.cardgamed...rlds-1st-place/

http://www.cardgamed...mpion-2011-r398

The 2011 was a repost and may not be accurate.

An important bit to note is that due to updates to the restricted list, neither is legal.

Publish

#5 Stormwalker

Stormwalker

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

The article with decklist and insight from the 2012 champion.

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3741

#6 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

weskingofscots said:

wow! seems like a really backwards way of having a tournament. listing the decks can only help to draw interest to the game in my opinion. but whatever……….

It can also make the person very angry that you posted their list without their consent.

#7 weskingofscots

weskingofscots

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

wow, i did'nt know that sharing deck ideas was such a touchy subject. i really hope i don't run into this elitist attitude at the local store or tournaments. or i might as well play mtg…………..sad

#8 ccgtrader99

ccgtrader99

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

Honestly, I dont think most of us care. The info is out there, but dont feel bad about asking. It might not help much considering how the environment changed so much recently.

#9 thorondor

thorondor

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

its not so much about keeping decks secret. you will find almost all well placed stahleck-decks (euro champ.ship) in the www.

but half a year later some are more some less outdated. thats why people do not care that much about deck lists.

better have a look at http://www.agotcards.org/dashboard or http://www.cardgamedb.com, where you will find the most recent deck ideas.

#10 weskingofscots

weskingofscots

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

thanks guys. that should help.

#11 Max1

Max1

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

weskingofscots said:

wow, i did'nt know that sharing deck ideas was such a touchy subject. i really hope i don't run into this elitist attitude at the local store or tournaments. or i might as well play mtg…………..sad

If someone has created a world-class competitive deck, what incentive do they have to tell everyone what it is?  That only serves to hurt them on a competitive level.

#12 Totalgit

Totalgit

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

What max said plus:

Dont just assume you can net deck some champions deck and then autowin. Theres a good chance you'll have no idea what the deck is trying to do, have no clue what to mulligan for or what combos etc work until you have played it for awhile anyway.

Isnt the fun part building your own deck, playing it, tweaking it, playing it, tweaking it, playing it, tweaking it, winning with it?

Im also betting most decks built pre FAQ 4 are also illegal now anyway.

#13 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

weskingofscots said:

I doubt most people care. I was more illustrating the point that the modus operandi of a TO should be to not publish deck lists and let people do it of their own accord. I would not want to accidentally generate unnecessary ill will even if there was an equivalent amount of good will. Don't turn off portions of your player base if you don't have to.

#14 Intentionally Anonymous

Intentionally Anonymous

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

If it was up to me it would be REQUIRED for TOs to post top X decklists for any official tournament.  There isn't a valid reason (people wanting to keep their "secrets" isn't good enough, especially since if you do well in a tournament there are probably several people that either saw your deck or played against you) for the silence we usually get after a tournament.  It is actually my least favorite thing about the AGoT competitive scene.

#15 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Actually agree pretty strongly with IA there. I always try to be pretty open with my decklists.

#16 thorondor

thorondor

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

as a TO i tell the players that their decks will be published after the tourney (usually only for big tourney like stahleck). nobody ever had a problem with it.

#17 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

Tourney of Stahleck said:

as a TO i tell the players that their decks will be published after the tourney (usually only for big tourney like stahleck). nobody ever had a problem with it.

Since there was already the expectation, no one comes out surprised. The issue with posting a deck list is that someone might go into a tournament thinking one thing and be completely disappointed and/or angered when what they expect is not what they get. There is no current language in the tournament rules that gives any indication that deck lists are used for anything other than confirming the legality of a deck. This means a majority of players will come in expecting nothing to happen with their deck lists. If you establish beforehand that the deck lists are going to be posted, two things will happen.

1) The only people who will be surprised when their deck list is posted are the people who didn't actually pay attention.

2) Those who don't want to reveal their deck lists won't attend.

I, personally, could care if my deck lists were posted, but you don't want to do something unexpected as it can lead to bad results.

Part of a good experience as a player is having things meet and/or exceed expectations. For some, the posting of the deck list could be far from what their expectations were and ruin the experience.

#18 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

I don't think people should feel obliged to take their talent (and assessing the meta in order to build really unique, competitive decks is a HUGE talent), and share it with everyone in the middle of regional season.  Especially when they could be attending multiple regionals.

Yes, most decks aren't very original, but some are.  Plus, even if they aren't, you can usually find some very interesting card choices in top decks.

The attitude that they are somehow being rude for not posting their decklists right away just baffles me.

After regional season or worlds, I encourage people to post decklists.  Netdeck away!  Learn all you can.

#19 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

I could see an issue if players that win a regional/major tournament have their deck lists criticized. 

"How the hell did you win with that crap?"

Those that don't see the deck in action can easily criticize it.  I, for one, don't immediately see how well the cards in a deck work together normally and at times struggle to understand how well it plays.

In the regional I attended a few weeks ago, I got 2nd place.  While I think I'll make a few tweaks to the deck, I don't think I'd want to publicize it's entire contents until after regionals season as I might not change it at all for any future regionals I might attend. 

That being said, I think showing winning decks following a major tournament(Gencon or World's) is a good idea. 

#20 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

I agree with not posting decks during Regionals season without permission. Players often reuse their decks for multiple tournaments if they work (unless an FAQ wrecks them). After the big tourneys (Gencon, Worlds and Stahleck), they should be fair game.

Say there's a tourney one month before Worlds. The top players could reasonably expect that their decks remain unpublished until after Worlds and the community could reasonably expect to see the decks at that point.

People who say things like "How did you win with this crap?" are rude, stupid and usually do not achieve tops. Such comments are not worthy of consideration.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS
About Fantasy Flight Games
Professional Zone