• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

There's something wierd with this card.  Thoughts?

#2 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Emirikol said:

There's something wierd with this card. 

I'm sorry, I'm not following you / not seeing it. What do you think is weird about the card?

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

I'm wondering if the double effect on the green side is suppose dot be there or if there should be one more eagle on the second line.  The red sise simply has a double listing and shouldn't that be something else?

jh

#4 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

Emirikol said:

I'm wondering if the double effect on the green side is suppose dot be there or if there should be one more eagle on the second line.  The red sise simply has a double listing and shouldn't that be something else?

I see no reason why those shouldn't be exactly as written.  It's not the only action to have multiple lines featuring the same number of boons.

Perhaps you house-ruled the boon rules long ago and have forgotten that it works the way it does in the rulebook? The relevant rules are on page 45 of the core rulebook.

Per the rules-as-written, you spend the boons you rolled to trigger effects. (Boons work differently than successes in this way.) Each boon line can be used a maximum of once. So if two identical boon lines appear on the action, that means you can use that effect twice if you have twice as many boons.

On the green side of this card: if you rolled 2 or 3 boons, you'd get to choose between "target suffers 1 stress", "add 1 recharge" and "recover 1 stress" (the default 2 boon affect that's always available for a mental check).  If you rolled 4 or 5 boons, you'd get to pick 2 of those effects, and if you rolled 6 or more you'd get to activate all 3.

On the red side of the card, if you rolled 1 boon you'd move that target's stance 1 more reckless. If you rolled 2 boons you'd choose between moving their stance  2 reckless total, or recovering 1 stress (the default 2-boon option again). If you rolled 3 boons you'd either move their stance up to 2 reckless, _or_ only move it 1 reckless but also recover 1 stress. With 4 or more boons you'd choose both effects, adjusting their stance twice and recovering a stress as well.

Hope that clears up the misunderstanding. If it's still confusing, I would reccomend rereading page 45 of the core rulebook.

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

Thanks.  It just looked a little odd with the editing snafus.

jh

#6 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Yep, it is as r_b says. It might look strange, but it is simply the way the mechanics of the cards work. Unlike success lines (of which you can only select ONE), boons and banes "use up" what is rolled. A single line cannot be used more than once, but you can use multiple lines as long as you have rolled enough of the appropriate symbols to pay for them.

Thus, as mentioned, a card could have two single-boon effects. If the active players rolls 2 boons, they may activate each single-boon effect.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS