Complete n00b question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MarshalLaw

MarshalLaw

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hi all, I've never played an LCG before, so please bear with me. Say I have some unit cards in play; Do I need to pay their resource cost to use them in subsequent turns, or do you just pay resources to bring new cards into play?

Thanks for reading

#2 Nick Demus

Nick Demus

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

You pay when you play them, so once only.

But look out for card effects with the "put into play" formula, because that process won´t cost you anything. Look at the glossary of the rules. The difference between "play" (which is the same as "play out of hand") and "put into play" is easy to miss, but important.

#3 MarshalLaw

MarshalLaw

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

Sweet, thanks for the reply! Looking forward to getting into this game fully.

#4 Nick Demus

Nick Demus

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

You´re welcome. I´m sure there will be more questions, so let them come. We´re eager to please the newbies. :-)

Not that I wouldn´t be one myself… *cough*  I´m also rather new at this LCG business, and I know exactly how you feel. It all seems a bit much and overwhelming at first, but once you´ve managed to dig through the basic structures of how they are played, you´ll do fine, I´m sure. It´s just that they are a hell of a bit more precise with terms and specifics. Things like "when a card leaves play" and "after a card leaves play" sound as if they were the same, but they are not. After a while, you get a bit paranoid about reading too much into card texts, too. After that phase is over, you can relax and have the fun of your life. ^^

#5 elros45

elros45

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

I know waht you mean I get so bored from having to read directly off of the card because of rule confusion.

Its really frustrating!!  But its happening to me less and less because I'm getting more into the game.

Trust me noob it gets better!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS