heavy gun encampment

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

or that 1 cost rebel card that gets to dole out a damage each turn at the cost (?) of an action. Its strong.

Too strong? I mean, early game, that things kinda mean… or is it… idk. THoughts?

#2 D.Knight Sevus

D.Knight Sevus

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

It's a powerful card, but all things considered, not all that format-warping.

The most popular Dark Side deck is Sith Control, which tends to use Character units that take several turns of Heavy Blaster Emplacement fire to take down. Decks focusing on Trooper cards should be using Take Them Prisoner, which contains Tear This Ship Apart, an Event that can discard Heavy Blaster Emplacement from play, as well as Death Star Trooper and Trooper Assault to support the strategy. Navy Fighter decks will have a harder time with it, but can fight back with Defense Protocol, which effectively does the same thing only with the Dark Side player choosing the target.

Additionally, Mission Briefing tends to only be in Rebel Assault decks, which are much less common than Jedi/Smuggler control.

There are some cards that are very good in this game. I'd consider Heavy Blaster Emplacement one of them. But I'd be hard pressed to declare any card in the game "too good" at this point.

#3 Brownmantle

Brownmantle

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

I agree with D. I would hate for them to nerf that card (and pod) this early in the game…or ever, for that matter.

But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.

#4 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Oh I was just venting. wondering other players experiences. It wrecked a sith starter a student of mine put together… he couldn't guys in play!

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

It's not that powerful a card. I used Wampas to soak up its damage the other day. Months ago it was much more annoying. Now it's really no big deal. 

#6 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

The card is REALLY amazing against new players when they plop down an Emperor first turn and pass. Once you start playing the game more and more, and start seeing bad plays, you'll realize its not that powerful of a card.

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#7 ZombieTonyBlair

ZombieTonyBlair

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

It's not a bad card by any stretch of the imagination, though.

#8 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Oh, in certain matchups it's VERY powerful, for example, against Navy decks that run TIE Fighters or troopers with no big units out it can easily tear down their field. Its just not as good against Sith.

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#9 SlackerHacker

SlackerHacker

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Given that you can choose the target of the damage that makes it a lot less of a problem.

There are a lot of cards that can stop one damage out right or sheilding…ect.

Like people have said, if you have mostly 1 damage capacity characters/units out it's a huge problem, otherwise it's pretty easy to work around.

#10 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

I myself used to think it was broken too, early game i got really frustrated with it.  But as more cards come out it seems less and less powerful.  Its simply a fantastic card turn 1, but for most people on turn 3-5 its not that big of a deal.

Magni

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#11 ioticus

ioticus

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Yeah, I agree with the above.  The card is not overpowered and the Rebels need all the help they can get at this point.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS