Looking for information

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

I currently have the Core Game, a TIE Advanced, and Slave 1 on the way.  I have watched the tutorial videos and done some research on some sites, but I have a few questions.

First if I put the same upgrade on 2 different ships do I have to have 2 copies of the card or is one copy acceptable?

Second is there anything that I may want to pick up other than the Core Game to play such as a tape measurer or extra dice?

Sorry to sound so green, but I have played WFB and W40K for years and I am used to having to buy a bunch of game aids just to be able to play.  Thanks ahead of time for any info.

Rebel - (4)X-Wing (5)Y (5)A (4)B (3)E (6)HWK-290 (8)Z-95 Headhunter (3)YT-1300 (2)GR-75 (1)CR-90

Empire - (8)TIE Fighter (4)Advanced (5)Interceptor (6)Bomber (3)Defender (4)Phantom (3)Firespray-31

(4)Lambda-class Shuttle (4)Imperial Aces

SOONtir -  (6) Rebel Aces

#2 Entek

Entek

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

If you're playing with some buddies that's perfectly fine, but to be Tournament Legal you need to have as many copies of the Official card you're going to use.  For example, if you want to have four ships with a Stealth Device you need four copies of the card.

Also welcome!

#3 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

That's what I was wanting to know.

Rebel - (4)X-Wing (5)Y (5)A (4)B (3)E (6)HWK-290 (8)Z-95 Headhunter (3)YT-1300 (2)GR-75 (1)CR-90

Empire - (8)TIE Fighter (4)Advanced (5)Interceptor (6)Bomber (3)Defender (4)Phantom (3)Firespray-31

(4)Lambda-class Shuttle (4)Imperial Aces

SOONtir -  (6) Rebel Aces

#4 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

I would recommend a second Core set and a TIE Fighter expansion for your collection if you plan to focus on Imperial. A Millennium Falcon is worth it for the upgrade cards after that.

Take one of your bases to a Lowes or Home Depot and find the biggest washer that fits into the recess beneath, but make sure it doesn't protrude past the bottom of the recess, so somewhat thin is the way to go.  Unfortunately I can't remember the dimensions of the ones I use. Glue those into place with plain old superglue and you'll be amazed at how much better they handle.

A yard of thin black felt from any fabric store makes a great playmat; just make sure they give you a little extra so you can cut it to exactly 3'x3' at home.  

Welcome to the game!

#5 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Grimwalker said:

I would recommend a second Core set and a TIE Fighter expansion for your collection if you plan to focus on Imperial. A Millennium Falcon is worth it for the upgrade cards after that.

Take one of your bases to a Lowes or Home Depot and find the biggest washer that fits into the recess beneath, but make sure it doesn't protrude past the bottom of the recess, so somewhat thin is the way to go.  Unfortunately I can't remember the dimensions of the ones I use. Glue those into place with plain old superglue and you'll be amazed at how much better they handle.

A yard of thin black felt from any fabric store makes a great playmat; just make sure they give you a little extra so you can cut it to exactly 3'x3' at home.  

Welcome to the game!

7/8" washers fit just perfectly. I used black silicon rubber sealant to glue mine in and fill in the bottom of the base (as per the idea in the other thread). Its a bit messy, but it cleans up pretty easily and the weight and non-slip surface make it tough to move them when you bump a ship by accident. Cost me five bucks for a box of washers and about the same for the sealant. I painted the arrows on the bases and put in the washers and sealant Monday night and scraped off the edges Tuesday and they're done. Did about thirty small bases and four large ones (four washers each) in maybe three hours all together.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS