Photo

Fantasy flight please bring back Runebound!!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Sithknight19

Sithknight19

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

Just wanted to say I have played this game at a friends house and absolutly loved it. Went to buy and can't find it anywhere. Please bring it back! :) I need to add this to my FFG collection!! :)

• klexx likes this

#2 Dragonfire65

Dragonfire65

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

I must agree. I have not played, but it looks great and what I am looking for. Please bring this game back.

#3 Wiedadde

Wiedadde

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

I agree!

I have the main game (second edtion) and all the board expansions. I've played them a lot and i'm looking now for the adventure variants, extra items, etc…
But they are allmost impossible to find! :(

#4 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

A 3rd edition with updated graphics and clarified rules and i'll buy one day one!

#5 flyingtable83

flyingtable83

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:04 AM

I got in to FFG board and LCG games JUST after you could no longer buy this game for less than 3x its retail value. I would LOVE to see this get updated and reprinted. I play a lot of solo gaming, so this would be a perfect game for me.

#6 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

flyingtable83 said:

I got in to FFG board and LCG games JUST after you could no longer buy this game for less than 3x its retail value. I would LOVE to see this get updated and reprinted. I play a lot of solo gaming, so this would be a perfect game for me.

In the meantime get Mage Knight + Lost Legion.  Best solo experience imo.

• klexx likes this

#7 hauwegdenmist

hauwegdenmist

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

If this works as a petition, count me in. For me it's one of the best solo game expierience I've ever got and I want more

#8 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

Count me in, too! I have everything for the second edition, but would still welcome more! Heck, at this point, I'd probably start over with a 3rd edition - I just love this game!! 

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#9 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

me too, this looks epic please reprint or release V3 but please don't make it milky if you change it. :)

You know it!

#10 Toferyo

Toferyo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

Come on third edition!

• klexx likes this

#11 golem101

golem101

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

flyingtable83 said:

In the meantime get Mage Knight + Lost Legion.  Best solo experience imo.

Did get it. Great game, with really granular and well thought rules, but it lacks... soul. At times it seems that the system is letting you play the game, rather than you're in control of your character.

Also, while the missions are good and the recruiting feels epic, it doesn't quite feature all the awesome loot and different enemies of Runebound, that (to me, obviously) still keeps the throne.

For V3 I'd like to see a bigger map, please.

#12 Andr0ss

Andr0ss

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

FFG hears our cries and laughs.

#13 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

I think if we don't get an annoucement before novembre we're screwed!

Damn I would love RB3E!!!!!!!!! That's my geekiest dream!

#14 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the only announcement i'm waiting for :P

I want my Runebound fix bad

I don't feel good...I...think i...mmmmmm...gonna passssssss out..................................................

#15 schmoo34

schmoo34

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

I got this on my table several times with my group.  Every person said, "It's six player solitaire".  And as much as I didn't like that description, they are right.

The time between turns is lengthy, the order of combat heavily favors one class over others and attempts to balance it out only partially do so.

With that said, I enjoy the theme, the heroes, the richness of all of it.  And I still want to play and enjoy playing it.  The board expansions really did take it to whole new levels and the mini expansions added so much to it and gave more goals and scenarios.

It was really well done in that regard.  

I'm very mixed on this.  I feel it would serve better if the party moved together instead of separately...just from a "speed up the game" and "keep others engaged" point of view.  I truly have no vested interest in what other players are doing as it stands.

Also, so many wonderful item cards, the stack is very high, yet it is so difficult to get them into play.  It is also a limitation.

I would be a big fan of 3rd edition as I feel there are tweaks that would get this back in the limelight.

#16 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'm very mixed on this.  I feel it would serve better if the party moved together instead of separately...just from a "speed up the game" and "keep others engaged" point of view.  I truly have no vested interest in what other players are doing as it stands.

It's funny you should mention this.  I'm currently working on a variant idea with exactly this in mind.  1-6 heroes moving as a single party.  If a hero is KO'd he stays with the party and they have to take him back to a town to revive him.  If everyone is KO'd, game over.

I'm still working on the best way to keep challenges... challenging... when you could have as many as 6 attacks, not counting allies, per combat round.

#17 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 942 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

If you play with 4, make the challenge x4 stronger :P

#18 arkiva

arkiva

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

I want an improved third edition too!  :wub:

Edited by arkiva, 01 December 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#19 lovfinion

lovfinion

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

Would absolutely love a 3rd edition, but to be honest I would also be happy with a reprint, so II could afford some of the mini expansion without having to sell a kidney..

#20 klexx

klexx

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Waiting for Runebound 3rd edition or reprint of 2nd edition, just discovered this game only to find out how late i am. Cant afford the outlandish prices i am finding on the limited availability. I'm holding out for the next coming of this game series. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS