Photo

New ships to be announced at Star Wars event May 4th?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 R2Dork

R2Dork

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

This excerpt from one of today's news items suggests new X-Wing ships will be announced during the FFG Star Wars event:

" squad lists that showcase the upcoming starships and upgrades from the upcoming wave of X-Wing expansions. "

Yesssss.

Edited to add the link: http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4082

#2 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Now that I look at it more carefully, it does look like that may be the case! Unless, of course, they make the announcement before then. Plus more detailed info on the "Edge of Darkness" expansion for the card game. Now I'm even more excited to attend!

#3 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

You know, I'm generally happy not to live anywhere near Minnesota, but this…

No.  Wait.  I'm still happy I don't live anywhere near Minnesota ;)  Hope all you unfortunate polar bears enjoy it though, and give us reports as soon as you have those books in hand! :)

#4 Sanguinary Priest

Sanguinary Priest

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

ziggy2000 said:

Now that I look at it more carefully, it does look like that may be the case! Unless, of course, they make the announcement before then. Plus more detailed info on the "Edge of Darkness" expansion for the card game. Now I'm even more excited to attend!

Bring a camera and/or make sure your cellphone is full charged!     P.s. is anyone else having problems with typing in this crappy forum software?  It doesn't want to ever register my return button which is why this message is so badly formatted.  Not having the problem anywhere else so its not a hardware issue on my end.

#5 Hargon

Hargon

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

I have the same problem with carriage returns not working, so it's not just you. :)

#6 rowdyoctopus

rowdyoctopus

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Once GAMA came and went with no news, it seemed most logical to do it during the Star Wars event.  Granted, they are free to announce things any time they want, but this was the next event that made sense.  Just 2.5 weeks away!

#7 austncal

austncal

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

dam you FFG yet agin your gitting a hole pay check from me .On the negative $40 seems a little steap for the game tiles . 

#8 JMichael

JMichael

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

and you’ll be among the first to learn of four upcoming ships for the X-Wing™ Miniatures Game!

So four new ships!!!

What do you think they will be?

B-Wing

TIE Bomber

But what else?

#9 Rogue_Four

Rogue_Four

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

B-Wing or I riot. I want my mobile attack platform!

#10 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Well, the announcement also said the release was really going to shake up the metagame. Since the B-Wing & TIE bomber are expected, it's likely to be something… else. A lot of talk buzzing about a third, very possibly neutral, faction.

I've got MY ticket! I'm looking forward to the event.

#11 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

I have been hunting for reasonable airfare from Boston.

I originally had  figured that I'm going to worlds and to gencon so I'd skip this one, then I heard bout the announcement.

I gotta see for myself so I'm hoping I can snag a cheap last minute booking, if not I humble ask all of you folks to be prompt with your reports ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS