• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

Hi,

Its been about 3 months since the City expansion was released, so perhaps in the next 1 to 2 months we may hear about the next expanison, which most likely would be a small set expansion.

While many people have talked about the likelihood of the 4th corner board being such a Forest or Woodlands based expansion, some have also wondered or hoped if the board and theme would reflect nautical, sea-based adventuring.

We also know that FFG also surprises by releasing new expansions that aren't exactly what we expected. The Dragon set was released when many people thought it would be another corner board.

So I am wondering if they could create a small expansion set for The Forest or Woodlands.  Now one of the drawbacks of the continuing small expansions is that they add more and more cards to the large Adventure Deck. This is a problem but to enhance Forest themes and enounters you could have a small amount of "Forest" and "Woods" *place* cards, maybe about 12 to 15 to the Adventure deck. They would be, for all intents and purposes just like the board spaces for Fest and Woods. So either a die roll or draw card space would happen. Maybe some of them could be drawn and then moved to "any region", but I think it would be better to limit them to the Outer and Middle regions.

Then, you can have a new Woodlands deck, specifically for drawing when you land on these new places, or even the original board spaces.

I am thinking you can add similar place cards such as the Garden or the Orchard, which perhaps could be drawn and placed in "Any" region, with the same quality of drawing from the new deck.

The deck should feature many more woodland type encounters; elves, Dark elves, more animals, Cottages with Witches, more werewolves and stuff.

Of course there would be new characters, though I can't think of any with woodland themes that haven't been reproduced for this edition. Also new spells and new alternative endings.

Does anyone think this idea has some merit?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS