The Unofficial Action Window Reference Card player aid

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hundreds

hundreds

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Just wanted to post on here that I made a player aid that can help players remember exactly when all the Action Windows come up throughout a game. It is a nice small printout that you can use instead of opening the rulebook every time you want to check when the next Action Window is scheduled.

The Unofficial Action Window Reference Card v1.0

Thanks,

Jay

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

That actually looks quite useful. I may try shrinking it down to card size and sleeving it to leave out in my play area, at least for casual games.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 hundreds

hundreds

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

That's a good idea. It can be done, of course, but that's gonna be some tiny text.

#4 Crouton

Crouton

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

It's nice, but I actually like the flow chart at the end of the rules better. I just cut, paste, and shrank it. But this is good too.

#5 Nick Demus

Nick Demus

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

Very useful indeed. Thanks for doing this.

One suggestion about the actual timing, though: Action Windows are happening just before the phases end, not at their end. I see them as another step before the phases actually end. Also, the first Action Window during Conflict Phase is after the phase begins, not at its beginning. This might be very important, given that this kind of games hangs on every word, literally, with possible additional steps to be added later or by some cards.

#6 hundreds

hundreds

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Heheh! Well, um, I guess you could just use the rulebook if you want to be that specific about the wording of the timing.

But thanks guys!

#7 Nick Demus

Nick Demus

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Well, it´s just a correction of specifics you´re already giving, and I don´t see where this is making things more specific. I mean the whole point of the card is to help with pinpointing the action windows, so I guess it wouldn´t hurt to use the correct ones. burla  I really appreciate your effort, and under usual circumstances, your card is, of course, right. I´m just saying that there might be rules or cards coming up which will make it wrong. It´s not that it didn´t happen in other LCGs, so I just wanted to help.

#8 hundreds

hundreds

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Perhaps a version 1.1 is on the horizon? Heheh!

#9 Nick Demus

Nick Demus

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Looking forward to it. Keep up the good work!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS