• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Perdition

Perdition

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hey guys,

A friend of mine just introduced me to Netrunner a couple of weeks ago, and I dove in head first. Got the core set, shortly followed by all the data packs. Only problem is, I only have one person to play with!

A glance around the local shops in Hollywood showed that none of them had even heard of Netrunner -_-

Anybody in the LA area know of a comic/card shop that hosts game nights for netrunner, or at least has a player base that hang there?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Mitchifer

Mitchifer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Perdition said:

Hey guys,

A friend of mine just introduced me to Netrunner a couple of weeks ago, and I dove in head first. Got the core set, shortly followed by all the data packs. Only problem is, I only have one person to play with!

A glance around the local shops in Hollywood showed that none of them had even heard of Netrunner -_-

Anybody in the LA area know of a comic/card shop that hosts game nights for netrunner, or at least has a player base that hang there?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

There is a group of us that usually meets bi-weekly: http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1402

Although right now are usual meet-ups are on hold because of regionals. 

Speaking of regionals, you're just in time for the regional at Games Empire in Pasadena, which is this upcoming Saturday, the 20th of April.  More information can be found here:  https://www.facebook...45988665562229/

#3 Perdition

Perdition

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hey, awesome man, thank you so much!

I'll definitely keep an eye out for the next SCAN league hang-out after regionals.

I did see Games Empire on the FFG list of regional tourneys… I think I might stop in. I only started playing two weeks ago though, so I'm pretty sure I'd be in for a healthy ass-whoopin' if I actually enter, haha.

Thanks again, and hope to see you soon for some games!

#4 Epistemic

Epistemic

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Although I'm not in LA currently, that's where I grew up, so I go back during summer and winter breaks from school.  I know of a hobby shop in Santa Monica called Aero Hobbies.  I'm not sure if they have weekly events/game nights, but when I was in LA over winter, and I asked about buying some cards, they were actually sold out.  To me that implies that the people who frequent there may play, so you might want to check with them.

#5 disdainful

disdainful

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

There's Netrunner most nights at Game Empire in Pasadena, so you can usually find a game there during the week. Most players gravitate to Wednesday nights and Sunday afternoons, though. 

I just ran a 35-player Regionals last Saturday, so there's definitely a huge playerbase in the area. 

Check it:

http://www.gameempirepasadena.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS