Photo

Does the Jedi Training Objective win Force Struggles automagickally???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LETE

LETE

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Hello fellow Gamers!

All righty:

This has come up in several different occasions enough to warrant a question about it in the forums - sorry to ask (sigh):

Would someone with the Jedi Training Objective card - the one that gives you an extra Force icon in Force Struggles -, win* Force Struggles every time if said player had commited units to the Force  - even if the commited card(s) is (are) exhausted? 

Would it do anything without card(s) commited to the Force?

(sighX2)

L

*Following the rules, of course: Counting which Side had the most Force Icons in commited cards… & if the LS had more!

#2 dj9091

dj9091

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

It's just "worth" one force icon.  So if no units are commited to the force, you have at least one going into the struggle.  If you have a unit with two force icons commited, you have three.

#3 dj9091

dj9091

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

Lost the bottom part of my post…If you have the unit with two force icons commited, and that unit is exhausted, then those won't count and you are back down to having only one, provided from teh jedi Training objective.

So, you don't automatically win…you just automatically have one.

#4 LETE

LETE

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

"It's just "worth" one force icon.  So if no units are commited to the force, you have at least one going into the struggle.  If you have a unit with two force icons commited, you have three.

(…)

If you have the unit with two force icons commited, and that unit is exhausted, then those won't count and you are back down to having only one, provided from teh jedi Training objective.

So, you don't automatically win…you just automatically have one."

Hello there:

I thought that to even have a Force Struggle I needed to at least have a Ready Unit with Force Icons Commited (Force Card underneath).  You mean that the Force Icon (given by this Objective) solely counts as all of these prereqs (it acts as a ready Unit card, commited to the Force)? 

Confused, I am.

L

#5 chiller087

chiller087

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

LETE said:

I thought that to even have a Force Struggle I needed to at least have a Ready Unit with Force Icons Commited (Force Card underneath).

Confu

There is always a force struggle at the end of every turn even if there are no units in play.  Pg 15 in the rulebook states that you win the force struggle by counting up the number of Force icons on your ready units that are committed to the force. This number is your Force Total.

Jedi Training simply adds 1 icon to your Force Total at all times while it is in play.  So if you have no units in play, your force total would normally be 0.  Jedi Training adds 1, so 0+1=1.

Micah

#6 LETE

LETE

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

There is always a force struggle at the end of every turn even if there are no units in play.  Pg 15 in the rulebook states that you win the force struggle by counting up the number of Force icons on your ready units that are committed to the force. This number is your Force Total.

Jedi Training simply adds 1 icon to your Force Total at all times while it is in play.  So if you have no units in play, your force total would normally be 0.  Jedi Training adds 1, so 0+1=1.

Hello Micah(99):

I didn't explain myself clearly.  I know there's always a Force Struggle step in the game, just unsure what the Objective Card does.  Would it only count as an extra Force Icon, period; or would it be like a ready, commited card plus an extra Force Icon (see your statement in bold), & without any of these, would it count for the Struggle?

In  other words, if I have the Objective in play & no commited, ready, cards & my opponent has no commited ready cards, would I win the Force Struggle Step? 

L

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

As was already mentioned: it adds one force icon to your TOTAL in the force struggle. So you would normally count the force icons on your ready, committed units and that would be your total, and with this card you still do that, and then add one to the total. So no, it's not like a ready, committed card with one force icon. It's like a card that modifies your total force icons. In the case when neither player had any ready, committed units, this would add 1 to the LS's total of 0 to give them a total of 1. That would result in the LS having a higher total than the DS's 0 and in the LS winning the force struggle.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS