Quick Wedge Antilles card question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 linkeq2001

linkeq2001

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Just got the hoth expansion with a friend and played through, like a lot of the cards. Quick question regarding Wedge and I guess any similar card.

Placed Wedge on Rogue 3 as an enhancement

Started an attack against an objective.

Declared Speeder w/ Wedge as attacker.

Defender declared Heavy Stormtrooper  as Defender.

I won edge battle

I attack stormtrooper squad doing 1 damage due to wedge's bonus and then attack the objective dealing 3 (again +1 because of wedge as enhancement)

Stormtrooper card attacks dealing 1 damage to Rogue three

I use wedge's ability as an enhancement to take the focus off rogue 3 and place it on wedge, I then attack again using rogue 3, dealing 1 damage to stormtrooper (killing it) and 3 damage to objective (destroying it)

Two questions regarding this situation, and apologies as we have only played two nights in the past couple weeks, though both were marathon sessions, love this game.

Does Wedge, acting as an enhancement, grant Rogue 3 it's bonus for having an attached enhancement?

May I use Wedge's ability to strike again with Rogue 3 in the same engagement?

Thanks in advance for your responses

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Yes, as an enhancement, Wedge absolutely grants Rogue 3 its unit damage and blast damage bonuses.

And yes, Wedge's ability to remove a focus token can indeed allow him to strike twice. This actually isn't unique to Wedge because there are other similar effects (Tallon Roll, Trust Your Feelings). The thing to remember is that after each strike, there is an action window. During this window, you can use Wedge (or the other cards listed) to remove a focus token from a unit. After this action window closes, you check whether all participating units are focused. If there is a ready (i.e. unfocused) participating unit, it must strike. So by using Wedge in the action window after your opponent struck, not only could you attack a second time with Wedge, but it was mandatory.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game so much!

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 linkeq2001

linkeq2001

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Thanks for the reply, yah was aware of other cards having the same affect, wedge happened to be the one we came across, thanks for the great clarification.

#4 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

You could also wait until after the conflict phase is over to use Wedge's ability and free up the enhanced vehicle for defense the following turn.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS