Multi-Hit Flame attacks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 torque42

torque42

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

I.e. Sunburst. There's only 1 roll for catching on fire, correct?

#2 Armour

Armour

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'd rule that you would make a single check to avoid being set on fire from a single source. 

If you are being shot by multiple enemies, though, you would have to make more checks.  You can only be on fire once, though; the status effect shouldn't stack.

#3 Droma

Droma

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Armour said:

I'd rule that you would make a single check to avoid being set on fire from a single source. 

If you are being shot by multiple enemies, though, you would have to make more checks.  You can only be on fire once, though; the status effect shouldn't stack.

I agree with this interpretation even for sunburst. Your basically being hit all at once so only need to pass one test instead of multiple. Besides you'd already be taking a ton of damage from multiple hits and it would just slow the game down to test for each bolt you are hit by.

#4 Ryath

Ryath

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

To help speed up the rolling if the target is hit many different flame and spray attacks you could have them make one test to avoid catching fire but add a - 5% to -10% chance to the roll for each extra flamer attack past the first one, this could work as a way of saying how hard it is to avoid the flames with so much of it in the local area.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS