Masquerade Ball encounter 2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Overlord

The Overlord

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

The overlord won encounter 1 and has the answer to the riddle. We were wondering if Lady Eliza must still use an action to open the doors on the way? I've read the quest several times and I think it just means he does not need to test to open it, but still must use an action.

#2 Robin

Robin

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Opening a door always needs to spend an action.

Quest Book, p. 11, says (before specifying the Smash/Answer/Pick tests) : "When a figure performs an action to open one of the doars, he must do one of rhe following:"
This also appplies to Eliza, as she is a figure too.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
G. K. Chesterton

#3 crivens

crivens

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Me and my group were wondering how the heroes can possibly win E2 if the OL knows the password for the doors? Even without knowing it Eliza dashed to victory while the poor dwarf was tripping over his own feet (trap) while smashing one door after the other. Dragons and spiders blocked our way and we saw no possibility to stop her. (This was a 4 heroes game)

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

Unless you Immobilize Eliza turn 1, heroes are on Search token duty until the end of the Encounter.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 Rozalinda

Rozalinda

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

From what i have understood in this fight (played it 3 times as the OL) if Lady Eliza knows the ridle she just needs to use the action to pass through (doesnt need to roll the dice in order to pass the test but still need 1 action). In this scenario its almost imposible for heroes to win thus my sugestion is to change their strategy to "Lets get all the treasure we can in here".

#6 builderChris

builderChris

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

unfortunatley i have not had the oportunity to play ALL the quests and i have only had the oportunity to play a couple quests more than once, but it seems from my limited experaince, sometimes quests are "broken" when it comes to the balance of each one. To a large degree i am personally ok with that.  there are too many varaibles (imo) to account for "balancing" EVERY possible situation and i agree, that this quest is near to impossible to win as the heros.

#7 dragon76

dragon76

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

My group and I played this set of encounters just last week.  We managed to save one of the guests during encounter one which gave the advantage to Eliza for encounter two.  We managed to Stun her on turn one and used Tomble's heroic feat to get ahead of her.  Then it was a crazy race.  Unfortunate die rolls on the Heroes part resulted in an OL victory but we had a good kick at winning the quest.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS