• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

So my wife is out of town and the guys came over for an afternoon of X-wing.

1st game: 100 points

EMPIRE:

Krassis with HLC, proximity mine, and engine upgrade

Mauler Mithel w/ Elusiveness

Backstabber

Gundark

REBELS:

3 prototype A wings 

Rookie X-wing w/ engine upgrade and R2

Gold Squad Y w/ Ion turret and R2

EMPIRE VICTORY with no losses

2nd Game: 125 points w/ no named pilots allowed. 1 empire player earned +5 points for upgrades for previous scenario objective

EMPIRE:

2 Bounty Hunters, 1 with HLC and proximity mines, the other with ion cannon

1 obsidian squad pilot

1 Black squadron pilot

1 academy intercepter

REBELS:

2 Outer Rim Smugglers

3 Gold Y wings with Ion turrets and 2 R2 droids

Ties went down quick, intercepter was useless in this fight.

Killed 1 Y with combined fire and the Y upper left is being ioned off the table. No ties and only 2 B.H. left versus 2 ORS and 1 Y

Last shot of the game. After B.H.'s got locked up for 4 rounds from a piloting error compounded by ORS jumping in and overlapping while the other one took pot shots. Up until this point the rebels had the right to be confident as they were pushing us around the board. After being asked to concede, I replied "I'm not giving up just yet" after which my surviving ship, the lone B.H., killed both remaining damaged ORS  and put the fear of god into the last remaing Y's player. This pic is of the lone Y getting the final ion turret shot on my now heavily damaged B.H.

My next outting I am looking forward to trying a 5 Y squad, with only 2 having ion turrets. Should be fun.

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 A-Wing, 2 YT-1300, 5 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 GR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 2 Tie Phantom, 2 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11 of 11; (S)3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; ®12 of 28; (S) 9 of 10;

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS