Best Missles

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 undeadturkey

undeadturkey

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

I am new to the game and after buying some expansions I now have access to all the missle types. So what do you think is the most effective missle upgrade? Thanks.

#2 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

Depends on what you want to do really.

Homing is the best damage dealer overall but is also the most expensive and if you're fighting rebels its ability to ignore evade will be much less likely to come up.

Assault is good against tie swarms. Also expensive but if you it it's a third of the health for any enemy in range.

Concussion is generally pretty solid with its ability to change a blank to a hit.

Cluster is hit or miss, It can spike very high damage if need be but can also wiff completely. It also can't hit range three, losing one of the big bonuses of secondary weapons in that they don't give range three targets a bonus green, but can hit range one, meaning the enemy can't go "under your reach" as it were to avoid it.

#3 GeneralKentobi77

GeneralKentobi77

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Vonpenguin said:

Homing is the best damage dealer overall but is also the most expensive and if you're fighting rebels its ability to ignore evade will be much less likely to come up.

Very true. Another reason this missile hits more is the fact that you don't spend your target lock to perform the attack, and can then use it to re-roll any dice on the very same attack. The Evade token immunity is just icing on the cake with this missile in my opinion.

#4 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

…It didn't register that homing missles didn't have to spend target lock! Wow, ok…

But I concur that it depends on what you want to do. I've stuck cluster missiles on my A-Wings and they've completely whiffed after trying to get into point-blank range with the enemy target to destroy. Concussion missiles are almost guranteed at least one hit (only if you don't have a focus and rolled all focuses). I've never used assault missiles, and the usuall oppertunities when they've arisen risk me hitting some of my own friendly ships as well.

#5 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

GeneralKentobi77 said:

Vonpenguin said:

Very true. Another reason this missile hits more is the fact that you don't spend your target lock to perform the attack, and can then use it to re-roll any dice on the very same attack. The Evade token immunity is just icing on the cake with this missile in my opinion.

Yeah the ability to use target lock on the attack was why I said they're the best damage dealer. I just felt the need to point out that the other "homeing" aspect was situational. They're still very good against rebels but they really shine against ties.

#6 undeadturkey

undeadturkey

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Thanks for all the help guys! Yeah I can really see what you mean about homing now. I didn't realize you didn't have to spend the lock in this case. That re roll can be very awesome! 

Concussion was the one I was leaning towards but I can see the advantages of each now, thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS