• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Broquen

Broquen

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

Hi there,

I'm new at this forum so first of all thank you to everybody helping here!

Ok, let's go…

I had a long discussion with my gm yesterday about touch spells. We were talking about the need of KEEPING TOUCH for the whole casting time when casting divine non agressive spells (like healing spells). So to heal madness (an spell that needs one hour of casting), heal wounds through Sigmar's Lore and more can become really difficult to cast in some cases (like casting healing on a mate in the middle of a battle).

The core rulebook didn't throw any light about this, so I'd be really grateful for any help (and, of course, it'd be wonderful if there's some official stuff about it).

Regards.

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

That's a first.  I've never seen a GM, ever in 34 years of gaming, rule that you had to keep a hand on a person for a touch spell.  It's always been ruled, you touch the subject, and they instantaneously receive the effect.  There is no hugging, holding, grappling, rubbing, manipulating, shucking, wax-on-wax-off, uncomfortable-long-handshake-stranger-danger.

It's a slap, poke, or door-bell-push and the spell is ejected.  It works just like walking around the house in your slippers in the wintertime to build up a charge and then zzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaP!  when you "touch" someone.

Some people feel that a warm, fuzzy, hug is warranted..but that's roleplaying and your gm may just see it that way :)

#3 Broquen

Broquen

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

First of all thanks for your kind answer.

The problem was in the rules and the description of spells. I'm not sure, but I think that all agressive touch spells have the minimum time of casting (half action), and that was the main downside in his reasoning. It can be refuted easily same way, of course, but obviously my argues has less heft than his ones.

On the other hand, the illustration of a priest touching a demented one tied and immobilized by chains in the corebook did not help.That's the reason I'm looking for some explicit official stuff, cause I think it'd be the only way to change my gm's mind avergonzado_alegre

In his defense I must say we're not the easiest party. We had played for many years too (near 30). We tend to "bargain" a lot with him and we know each other too well reir

Thank you again, and I'll be aware about any possible clue in the official stuff just in case =)

#4 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

The casting time is essentially "pre-touch" preparation.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS