Photo

Tournament Organizers - Awesome Software to Run Your Events Here (Try it out this weekend)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

The local store is running this awesome software, and shared it with me. You can easily run an event for any type of tournament, as well as post live results to a website.

http://challonge.com/

It's free to use, but you need an account. Most of it is pretty easy to figure out - you want to run a swiss event, you can add players, start the pairings, etc).

For using it with the Stars Wars LCG just set up the following:

points per match win 
 points per match tie 
 points per game/set win 
 points per game/set tie 
 points per bye

For all advanced options leave them at default.

When you're putting in the results for the match, all you have to do is type the points (1 for a tie, 2 for a win), then click the "Add Game" link and do the same. If there is a modified winner, select the player from the drop down. Do this for every player and you're set!

Also, if you want your regional's coverage on my website, http://toptiergaming.com, just private message me before the event with the link to your event, and I can post it on it's own page. And if you wanted to post it on your website, there's options to do so on the right when viewing the page.

Top Tier Gaming, a fan website dedicated to X-Wing Miniatures and Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/jmcb1001

#2 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

So I've been playing with this for a while and for some reason I can't get it to work the way it should for this game.  If I follow your suggestions about setting up a tournament, the points don't add up correctly when there are ties.  The person who wins the tie breaker gets 3 pts (like hes supposed to), but the person who loses the tiebreaker only gets 1pt when they should get 2pts.  How did you get around this?

#3 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

The TD at the NM Regional used the software, and I was not impressed. It did not like mistakes, erred multiple times in pairing, and overall didn't function like it should.

Welcome to the machine!

#4 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

Gunna use it today for our primer tournament to make sure i can get it up and running.

points per match win 
 points per match tie 
 points per game/set win 
 points per game/set tie 
 points per bye

Is what ya put up im gunna use

0 points match win (this will calc points correctly if you sweep them)

0 points for perfect match tie (2 -2 if its a true tie)

1 point for game set win (2 "matches" per real match this will let you add the bonus point to get the modified win up to 3)

1 point for game set tie (tie only used if the match runs out of time simply to give each player 1 point if they run out of time)

4 points Bye

Ill tell u guys how it works

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#5 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

We used the software today in Iowa City.  It works fine, except that it doesn't compute tiebreakers properly.  It drops a player's high and low scores when computing strength of schedule, something the FFG rules don't do.

Additionally, if you have any byes, it will pair a player with a first round bye with the low-scoring players, rather than the high-scoring ones. (It shows the player having 4 points but pairs them as though they had 0.)

The solution to that problem is to create a player named "Bye" and have the player with the bye just win all their games against Mr. Bye.

However, there was no solution (that I could find) to the SoS problem.  If you need to break ties, I'd recommend computing SoS by hand.

#6 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Who won the Iowa regional?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS