Writing a new fan-made adventure

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

I began to write an adventure for our own purposes a while back. As we are now planing on returning to Old World I decided to finish it as a WFRP adventure. As I'm a bit fact-freak when it comes to checking out the background I get sidelined from actual writing when I try to determine where this adventure should take place.

So I thought to let this decision to you. 

This frees me of searching for meaningless little facts from various sources. Don't worry though! They'll still be there but I don't have to go through all my material, if I'm pointed with a location.

What I need is a rural enviroment, preferably quite low on settlements, that in Empire, Kislev or Border Princes (or Norsca…). Actually only Bretonnia is out because the factual difference between WFRP editions and it has to be in the Old World.

I'd also like to have someone to playtest it, possibly come up with some stats when needed and a proofreader. I can do this without any of those but it just takes more time. And the outcome could be a little messy.

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#2 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Would the Hagercrybs in the Reikwald do?  A lightly populated area though close enough to others that it's easy to explain PC's getting there.   I've seen it as a 'highlands' sort of territory with mists and strange lights atop hills.

Rob - who empathizes on the tendency to spend time tracking down trivial background details about everything to have it all be "right".

#3 d6 Evil Men

d6 Evil Men

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

How about somewhere on the border between Talabecland and Sylvania. Barren lands, lots of sullen people, mountains. And it is close to the ruins of Mordheim in case you want to use some of your Malal stuff.

#4 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hi Doc,

Why don't you have a look at the four villages in the Grunburg supplement I am finishing up. One of them might suit your purpose and they all have maps.

All the best,

Ralph

#5 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

Though I must admit I was tempted with the border between Talabecland and Sylvania, I'm going with Hagercryps. It is neatly located so that in can be reached easily from any published adventure (if such a thing can be said). It also should put a little boost on ragnar's Grunburg supplement. 

Thanks for suggestions!

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#6 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Huzzah!

Keep us posted.  Grauwerk from the Slaanesh box (Steward of Grauwerk Steirlich von Bruner's write up) is the closest a 3e mention gets to the Hagercrybs I think.

I did an adventure there tailored to my group I intend to revise for general use (was about 30% through doing that when Enemy Within came out and started absorbing my free time).  I would be fine to share it for anything it's worth.

Grunberg supplement sounds intereting though, also want to hear more/see that.

Not sure I can playtest but willing to proof read.

Rob

#7 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

valvorik said:

Grunberg supplement sounds intereting though, also want to hear more/see that.

Not sure I can playtest but willing to proof read.

Rob

Hi Rob,

The tome is at present being edited. If you are interested in helping, make yourself known on the Liber Fanatica forums and I will get you access.

All the best,

Ralph

#8 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

I'm in to help proof.  

jh

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS