Summon of Chaos + Chaos Dragon / High cost High Power Unit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SleepyLynx

SleepyLynx

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

With a cost of 2 and 4 Loyalty cost, an early summon of chaos around turn 2 or 3 can discard 20 cards to have an insanely high chance to grab one of the three copy of Chaos dragon and play it for free in the battlefield.. 

5 Power 5 HP at turn 2 is too good to be true and its almost impossible to mount any strategic defence against this abomination, atleast with my playmates when we only have core, assault on ulthuan and  eternal war cycle. Not to mention sometimes one is lucky enough to have 2 summons of chaos and, BAM, chaos knight and others, u mad bro?

Is it really ok to have such an un-fun card where the opposing player feel utterly helpless? Should there be a restriction like.. Limit one per deck for summon of chaos like muster for war?

#2 SenhorDeTodoOMal

SenhorDeTodoOMal

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

I haven't tried Summon of Chaos yet, so it's difficult to estimate it's power.

But it doesn't seem more powerful than other similar cards like Call the BrayherdMork’s Teef RitualCapture Slaves or Rip Dere 'Eads Off!

Before asking for errata or ban of a card, try to look in your card pool for some answer to it or way to delay it, like ChillwindFranz's DecreeForced MarchGrudge Thrower AssaultHigh Elf's DisdainLobber CrewMaster Rune of ValayaRadiant GazeSigmar's BlessedSlayers of Karak KadrinTest of WillWord of Pain, etc

Besides if one is lucky enough to have 2 summons of chaos, one can only play one of them each turn, because it's limited. And if they're both played for 20 after 3rd turn, that's at least 49 cards gone from the deck. :)

#3 SleepyLynx

SleepyLynx

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Thank you for the time for replying, it seemed abit more reasonable with the info you presented and I will put more thoughts to it :) 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS