X-Wing Vassal Tournament II registration

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Registration has begun for the next big Vassal tournament.  This will be a Swiss Style event and follow the FFG standard tournament rules.  This will be a great chance to test out your regionals list against players from all over the world.  For the rest of the details, go here.

http://teamcovenant....1/#comment-1271

#2 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

The post for the event has only been up for 1 day, and there's over 10 people signed up form 4 different countries.  Looks like this is going to be a very international event.

#3 KineticOperator

KineticOperator

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

I would like to sign up, but for the life of me I have no idea how to use Vassal to play X-Wing.  Do you have a resource I could go to in order to learn?

#4 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

KineticOperator said:

I would like to sign up, but for the life of me I have no idea how to use Vassal to play X-Wing.  Do you have a resource I could go to in order to learn?

So glad you asked, a friend and I put together a Vassal tutorial on You tube.

Here's a link to the original post that has some other resources too.

http://teamcovenant....ies-wapcaplets/

I hope you join in, and let me know if you need some help with Vassal.  There is a bit of a learning curve, but after the first couple of games things will start to click.

#5 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

I missed the last one… This is gonna be awesome.

#6 KineticOperator

KineticOperator

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

Thank you for the tutorial, it has helped immensely.  One question you didn't cover was how to use the damage cards, would you please do a video (or at least describe here) how that is done?

#7 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

I don't have time to do a full video for that, but I can go over the basics here.

At the top of the main screen to the right of the dice, is your damage decks.  Each player picks one to use through out the game.  When your delt a critical damage you draw the card and then do CTRL F to flip it over.  The title of the crit is on the card but not the crit effect, so you have a couple options.

• Have your damage deck next to you so that you can look at the card.  If your on Voip while playing you can just read the card to the other player.  Otherwise it's good sportsmanship to type it out for the other player.
  • This site http://critical-rock...-hit-guide.html has all the criticals in one place.  It's very helpful.  I use this most of the time.

I hope that answers your question for you, if you need additional help, just let me know.

#8 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Currently we have 18 players signed up, which is the same as we had last time, and there's still a week to go.  I would love to see close to 30 players for this.  If this one goes as well as the last one, it's going to be a great event.

#9 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

How its the mixture of rebel and imperial

#10 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Kelvan said:

How its the mixture of rebel and imperial

So far it's very balanced.  Out of the 10 confirmed lists, 5 are Rebels, and 5 are Imps.  Great variety too.  I can't wait to get started.

#11 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

As of now we have over 20 players signed up, from 5 different counties.  Vassal is a great place to play against people who you might never meet in person.  Registration is still open until the 21st.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS