Photo

Q: Investigators or Monsters in the Blue or Green Bag?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

I have two black velvet bags, one lined with blue satin and the other lined with green satin. The million dollar question is … In which should I store all the investigator standups and which all the monster tokens, and why?

I certainly don't want to offend the powers that slumber by choosing poorly! burla

#2 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Green is the obvious monster choice. I mean, green is associated with slime, ickyness, reptilian alieness, mold, decay, Mountain Dew and other horrible things. It's also the color Lord Cthulhu is most frequently represented as.

Blue is usually thought of as peaceful and dignified. It's the color of a tranquil sky or a newborn. It's also associated with police, a force for order and civilization so long as you aren't in Innsmouth.

The choice is obvious.

#3 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Keep your Kingsport Rift progress tokens in the blue bag, or your Spawn and unused Mask monsters.

#4 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

Wolfgar said:

Green is the obvious monster choice. I mean, green is associated with slime, ickyness, reptilian alieness, mold, decay, Mountain Dew and other horrible things. It's also the color Lord Cthulhu is most frequently represented as.

I like the way you're thinking on assigning monsters to the green lined bag.

Wolfgar said:

Blue is usually thought of as peaceful and dignified. It's the color of a tranquil sky or a newborn. It's also associated with police, a force for order and civilization so long as you aren't in Innsmouth.

Additionally, my initial thinking was that elder signs are blue and that's what gets used to seal gates. But … that's also the color of doom tokens on the flip side. Still, many good arguments for assigning the investigator standups to the blue lined bag.

Wolfgar said:

The choice is obvious.

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subcribe to your newsletter. Seriously though, I just thought I'd start this thread to have a little light hearted fun with folks on the forum. Thank you for playing!

(the stars are right … estrellaestrellaestrella)

#5 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

Kerrin2 said:

Wolfgar said:

I like the way you're thinking on assigning monsters to the green lined bag.

One positive thing about green … it's the color of clue tokens!

#6 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

Tibs said:

Keep your Kingsport Rift progress tokens in the blue bag, or your Spawn and unused Mask monsters.

The rift progress tokens have a home in one of the Plano plastic organizer cases, so they're all set.

The spawn and mask monster tokens will go into whichever black velvet (blue or green satin lined) bag ends up housing all the other monster tokens (segregated within the bag to make picking them out easier). The question is which bag for the monsters and whch for the investigators?

#7 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

Blue = Blessed.  And in the Call of Cthulhu LCG, The Agency (of good detectives, feds, and cops) Faction is blue, while the Cthulhu Faction is green.

What was that noise?

#8 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

Blue is the color of the Sky and when at night you look at the distant stars from which the Ancient Horrors came at the dawn of the world, they are painted on blue. So, monsters belong to blue

Green is the color of nature, fertility, life. Grass green is the most restful color. Green symbolizes self-respect and well being. Green is the color of balance. It also means learning, growth and harmony. So it's perfect for the investigators because the game is coop, and you gather good emotions with this color.

::devil::

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#9 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

jgt7771 said:

Blue = Blessed.  And in the Call of Cthulhu LCG, The Agency (of good detectives, feds, and cops) Faction is blue, while the Cthulhu Faction is green.

Ohhh … blue is the color of the blessed dice, nice one!

#10 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Julia said:

Blue is the color of the Sky and when at night you look at the distant stars from which the Ancient Horrors came at the dawn of the world, they are painted on blue. So, monsters belong to blue

Green is the color of nature, fertility, life. Grass green is the most restful color. Green symbolizes self-respect and well being. Green is the color of balance. It also means learning, growth and harmony. So it's perfect for the investigators because the game is coop, and you gather good emotions with this color.

::devil::

I just knew some clever people would come along and make pitches for/against each color, and Julia is the first one to invert the blue/green argrument so far. Well played.

Maybe in the end I'll need to make a Lore check to discern which is the correct color bag assignments for investigators and monsters, taking into account the proffered wisdom of this thread's respondants. Followed by a Will check to see if I can bring myself to actually put the game components into the bags. And, a Luck/Sneak check in case my final choice would have risked disturbing a slumbering Old One.

#11 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Kerrin2 said:

I just knew some clever people would come along and make pitches for/against each color, and Julia is the first one to invert the blue/green argrument so far. Well played.

::laughter:: yeah, sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation of messing up a little :-p

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#12 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

I finally tempted fate and slid the investigator standups into the blue lined bag. Since reality around me didn't ripple I put the monster tokens into the green lined bag. Fortunately a rift didn't open and suck me into the Otherworlds.

Thanks everyone!

(the stars are right … estrellaestrellaestrella)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS